Sick of being judged for carrying LV!

bugn

Celebrate Everything
O.G.
Sep 4, 2011
So I killed my white iPhone4 last night. It got knocked into the dogs water dish.
So I went to AT&T to get a new phone and the guy helping me said, you aren't available for an upgrade so this is going to cost you!
I said, "I don't care. I need a phone! My daughter is driving to Portland tomorrow and I want to make sure she gets there safely."
Then he said, "What are you rich or something? Then he looks at my Artsy and says, OH I GUESS YOU ARE!"
Then for the rest of the visit I feel I was treated weirdly!!!!
Like he kept telling me I didn't need anything more than a 16gb
and that the only white iphone4 was a 4s in the backroom that was a 64gb but it was too expensive and that he uses a black 16gb and thats all I need and why can't I be happy with that?

WTF? So I end up buying the black iphone4s 16gb and now I hate it!!!!
After synching w/ my iTunes I have 3gb only available and I miss the white iPhone.

I feel if I had walked in with a plain jane purse and he didn't see my LV he would have treated me equally that giving me a hassle w/ spending money.

It makes me think of the time I had been really sick for a long time last year and instead of seeing my regular doctor I went to the medi-center and after being seen this doctor said, "If you didn't look so good, then I would think you were really sick." WELL IM SORRY I put on makeup and take a shower! I have never gotten over that as you can tell.

I hate being pre-judged. I know its life. But it really sucks. :sad:

And P.S. I am hardly rich as he put it. I am considered middle class.

I'm so sorry that happened to you! Im constantly pre-judged (in college, live on my own, nice clothes/bags but i dont work so you can imagine what kind of comments people have to say about that) anyway if its within the time frame i would return the phone and buy the phone you really want from another location, one that appreciates your business! Dont let peoples comments get to you, it's just jealously.

im so sorry you had to deal with that, bugn. what a dillweed. can you not return it back since it's fairly new?

i dont like the getting pre-judged either. when i get the "are you rich?" comment..i just say "no, i just know how to juggle my finances." :smile:

Sorry to hear about that. If you aren't happy with the phone, why not return it and get a phone that you love...especially sine you're likely locked into you contract for at least a year?

That was completely uncalled for. I would've complained to the manager about his unprofessionalism - you just don't do that. A SA IMHO, can compliment on a bag or what-have-you if they have a long established relationship - if they keep it light -, but you shouldn't have the gall to make comments or assumptions about their personal wealth.

I doubt this had much to do with the bag being an LV; sounds more like a disgruntled employee who's peeved off he had to work during Boxing Week. ;)

I would think he would have been dying to sell you the much larger iPhone since the retail price without upgrade is around $800. I would have asked to speak with someone else immediately after the rich comment. I won't put up with poor customer service anymore. I use to work retail so I know it's stressful but some of the things sales people get away with now are completely uncalled for.

I'd return to the same AT&T store, speak directly with the manager, & see if they can't resolve the situation.

That's disgraceful. I would have complained about him, most definitely. I'd also have told him that my finances are none of his business and gone to deal with another assistant - why give your business and possibly commission to someone like that?

It's one thing being judged by so-called friends or people in the street, but salespeople? No. Definitely not. Unacceptable.

im so sorry you had to deal with that, bugn. what a dillweed. can you not return it back since it's fairly new?

i dont like the getting pre-judged either. when i get the "are you rich?" comment..i just say "no, i just know how to juggle my finances." :smile:

What an excellent response! I love that!

So sorry that SA said that to you- so rude! Don't let him ruin your day, go back and get the phone you really want! You should have 30 days to return it if I am not mistaken!