Shrinking Patent Leather

LoveLE

Aug 14, 2013
I hope this is not a double post, I didn't find anything while researching.

I received my 2nd pair of Lady Peep in time for NYE outing and the two things that I hate about ordering online are: 1) I am unsure of fit, and 2) condition until it arrives.

Well, my Lady Peep in patent leather (thanks to those who helped with sizing) came in flawless condition, but the left was more stretched than the right.

I Googled how to shrink patent leather shoes and on a whim, I decided to try it. Hopefully I don't crack the patent leather in the process.

I used the blow dryer method, placing the shoe and the blow dryer at about 6ft. apart. Occasionally, I rotate the shoe so the shoe can absorb the heat evenly. It's been about an hour since I started the shrinking process and just tried it on and it's almost perfect! Perhaps another hour or so will fit like a glove again.

So happy! Can't wait to wear it out tonight.

Happy New Years Eve everyone!

atrain

Mar 30, 2013
Thanks for the info!
I've previously heard about leaving them in a hot car to help shrink them, but I think the blowdryer method might work a little better because you have a little more control over the intensity of the heat.
Have fun in them tonight!

LoveLE

Aug 14, 2013
Thanks and I am glad I can help.

I've left a pair of NS in the car before during the summer and that definitely did the trick too. Since it's winter and I'm desperate, thought I try this method. I just hope it doesn't dry and crack the leather. Wonder if anyone have any experience using heat from a blow dryer to shrink their shoes?

It's been an hour since my post and I went to test it again, doesn't seem like a big difference since the last time I tried it on, but a big difference since I first received it. I need some patience and just leave it alone for a long time.