Shriek!!!The B'bag eaten by the dog is back!!!!

That's a really funny thread! Thanks LP and the others who stuck up for me as the crazy Seller. :biggrin:
To set the record straight (attempting to correct the Urban Legend):
1. It wasn't my poodle.
2. The original, poodle-owning Seller did not mention that the bag had been dyed another shade of blue, and had been left out in the rain (or something that caused the leather to feel like raw hide).
3. Picking up and attempting to revive strays is something I do pretty regularly.
4. I was going to put it out of its misery, but when I posted the picture on tFS, a couple of people asked me not to do it.
5. The new owner is prepared for the worst, and we communicated during the auction quite a bit. She knows that if she is unhappy with it, her money will be refunded.

Here is the original introductory paragraph that I wrote for the poodle bag. I think it will make a nice segway into the Extreme Makeover episode...

If this bag looks and sounds vaguely familiar to you, you are absolutely correct. This happens to be the very same authentic Balenciaga hobo that was recently ravaged and violated by a toy poodle. Today marks the triumphant return of the now black, post-poodle handbag. While you may know of the damage incurred by the poodle, our investigation has uncovered a history behind this bag that will shock and amaze you. This is an inspirational and uncommon story of survival and courage...

hellooholly said:
i still think it's fine. it's only $95 after all.. try not to view it in the light of other balenciagas... just as an old bag with some history.

agree, I'd rather see someone carrying that then one of those AWFUL fakes that goes for $300!

litljbird!!

HILARIOUS!!
I could tell for the photo's that you had done this before, because the bag originally looked SO awful. Yes I remember the auction, I even have it saved somewhere I think.
Good job I say. I'm a fan of creative resourcefulness.

litljbird - That's absolutely great! While a part of me thinks the poor thing should be put out of its misery, I also think it's wonderful that people are trying to revive her. It's definitely better than a fake either way!

The only thing I'm wondering was.... why wasn't the leather on the mirror dyed black also? Was it to be a remnant of its past? Was it unintentional? Inquiring minds want to know! :smile: