SHOWTIME - The Affair

No pass from me. No protection... no pass! I think the twit is going to try and dump the baby on Helen although it looks like Helen is too smart to let that happen. Maybe we haven’t seen the last of Viks parents. Didn’t his mother want a grandchild???

Yes I think the twit will dump the child. Vik’s parents could easily sue for custody and they should raise the baby. I hope they change his name while they are at it.

Yes I think the twit will dump the child. Vik’s parents could easily sue for custody and they should raise the baby. I hope they change his name while they are at it.

The baby would be better off. Every decision Sierra made put him in danger. I know they showed how she struggled and she knew her actions were wrong, but she still did them.

I didn't think it could get worse than last week's show, but Treem topped herself. It did.

I don't know about worse, it hit rock bottom and hasn't been able to climb back up out of it. Helen's POV somewhat redeemed it for me. Glad she told Noah she didn't love him anymore.

Last week showed how awful men are, this week showed how awful women are as well. Helen and Sierra both have no real friends, and the ones they do have are fake. What about all the hippy dippy women who were there for Sierra's birth? Can't they help out with her babysitting needs? Her mom is a piece of work. I knew when they were running lines she would bail on her the next morning.

The baby would be better off. Every decision Sierra made put him in danger. I know they showed how she struggled and she knew her actions were wrong, but she still did them.

I don't know about worse, it hit rock bottom and hasn't been able to climb back up out of it. Helen's POV somewhat redeemed it for me. Glad she told Noah she didn't love him anymore.

Last week showed how awful men are, this week showed how awful women are as well. Helen and Sierra both have no real friends, and the ones they do have are fake. What about all the hippy dippy women who were there for Sierra's birth? Can't they help out with her babysitting needs? Her mom is a piece of work. I knew when they were running lines she would bail on her the next morning.

But I didn't buy that scene with Noah at all from Helen's POV. Noah almost looked deranged and his declarations of love for Helen were not believable. Maybe, if it ever really happened, he's just trying to save her from Sasha. He knows Sasha will dump her (well he might already have, if he's taking off for Chad next week) and is he trying to save her from being hurt? I'd like to have seen the scene from Noah's POV.

But I didn't buy that scene with Noah at all from Helen's POV. Noah almost looked deranged and his declarations of love for Helen were not believable. Maybe, if it ever really happened, he's just trying to save her from Sasha. He knows Sasha will dump her (well he might already have, if he's taking off for Chad next week) and is he trying to save her from being hurt? I'd like to have seen the scene from Noah's POV.
Yeah, Noah did look too desperate. I just enjoyed she told him off after last week's episode.

Reactions: beekmanhill

As soon as he mentioned Chad I thought Oh Boy! Helen gets dumped! I do think that the step-daughter has some dirt on him or Sasha wouldn't be paying her off. That scene was a turning point for Helen coupled with the blowing off of the director for the future movie. She isn't stupid and the light bulb went off as to his real character. The scene with Noah was just desperate and sad.
I don't understand why Priya is not more involved with the baby. In theory Ms. Twit could have asked Priya to babysit for her. I think the grandparents should and will get the baby in time. Since Vik left his money to them, they have the means to raise him, plus what provisions did Vik make? We never were told what he wanted as I don't think that we saw the entire video he made.

What happened to Joanie? I am hoping there is a big segment for her or this part of the story is just a big fat waste of time.

As soon as he mentioned Chad I thought Oh Boy! Helen gets dumped! I do think that the step-daughter has some dirt on him or Sasha wouldn't be paying her off. That scene was a turning point for Helen coupled with the blowing off of the director for the future movie. She isn't stupid and the light bulb went off as to his real character. The scene with Noah was just desperate and sad.
I don't understand why Priya is not more involved with the baby. In theory Ms. Twit could have asked Priya to babysit for her. I think the grandparents should and will get the baby in time. Since Vik left his money to them, they have the means to raise him, plus what provisions did Vik make? We never were told what he wanted as I don't think that we saw the entire video he made.

What happened to Joanie? I am hoping there is a big segment for her or this part of the story is just a big fat waste of time.
Yes, it certainly was a big gap in the storyline as to why Priya had not been involved with Eddie. She would have been at the twit's house every day checking up on him, never mind trying to get custody of him. She certainly has no qualms about sashaying into Helen's house.

Yes, it certainly was a big gap in the storyline as to why Priya had not been involved with Eddie. She would have been at the twit's house every day checking up on him, never mind trying to get custody of him. She certainly has no qualms about sashaying into Helen's house.
This is such a plot fail, unless we get the big surprise and they just decide to sue for custody. I think they would get it because I don't think the twit would put up much of a fight. They wouldn't be mean and the twit would have visitation etc. They have a track record of having raised a fine son. Helen had four children and that is enough for her and really unfair to saddle her with a baby.
This show has all basically all unlikable characters and the one who was likable is dead. Helen has grown the most of all of them and my feelings about her her totally changed so I am hoping that when the series ends, she comes out the winner.

Reactions: beekmanhill
This show has become a huge disappointment. I especially did not like how the show focused entirely on Joanie. I would have much preferred for the show to remain in the present time but it completely fell apart after last season.

I was bored too. I've been looking forward to a longer segment with Joanie, but not this one. Treem has just thrown in too many implausible plot points. Who was this creep just waiting at the cemetery. Why is Joanie so cold and hateful and how has she suppressed it up to now, at least with hubby. HE had no clue how miserable she was? So she lost contact with Cole after college, but not with Luiza? Why did her magic binoculars see the water level that I assume any good fisherman, of which Montauk would have many, would have mentioned after Alison died. She is protecting her family from future disaster with flowers and tomatoes? Oh, now she remembers seeing Ben right before Alison's death.

It was so good to see the flashback of Cole and Alison, short as it was. I'll stick it out to the end, but I think it is a mess.

Nothing like doing all sorts of things to tie up a story. So Ben will get arrested? Doubt that. Joanie will go back to her family? Maybe if her husband is a very forgiving man, but she doesn’t deserve him. Let’s just end this and sew up the rest of the story.

Helen should move on and dump Sasha. Whitney should dump her creepy boyfriend. Noah should just go away. Priya should take Eddie and tell the Twit to buzz off.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdgldy