Showing you The Patina Champ Method on my LV Artsy Video

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Thank you to all those on the Forum that trusted my method over the last 3 years. I appreciate all the positive feedback . Here is a video of me cleaning the Artsy with My Patina Champ method :smile: I know a lot of u were scared to use water :0 . I would like every LV owner to know that this method is easy , free and works Beautifully. I will do another update on the Artsy and the Speedy 35 in a few more years :smile: I'm expecting that both will look the same :smile:Please subscribe to my channel on YouTube to see more videos. All future videos will be better quality as I just bought a GoPro for my Channel :smile:

2. 20,000 views was how many I had shortly after it was posted . but I just looked and it has 111,294 views .

3. I will video my speedy 35 when I clean it again :smile:

Kmazz39 likes this.
  4. The Artsy is such an Amazing bag :smile:

OCMomof3 likes this.
  5. Just did the Patina Champ method on my 2 week old Artsy TYSM for sharing this method! It worked very well now I will be doing it on my Speedy B and any future bags with vachetta!

jessicasimpson likes this.
  6. You are so welcome . I'm glad you like the method. Subscribe to my utube channel to see more videos like it :smile: Thank you

dolly_55 likes this.
  7. Hello here is my speedy 35 bag cleaning . Hope you like it

lizaariani59 and OCWifey like this.
  8. Thank you for sharing! I have a Speedy B 30 so this will be very helpful when I clean that bag! I do have one question... How long do you tan your new bags before you do the Patina Champ on them for the first time? I have a new Delightful in Azur and I want to try and keep the handle as nice as possible. When would be a good time to start this method? Is it not good to do on brand new vachetta?

jessicasimpson and OCWifey like this.
  9. I love this method and used it on my Totally MM. I put it in the sun for about 5 days during the non-existing summer in Germany during June so it didn't tan too too much. But after that I used the method and it looks sooo good!! I've used my Totally during fog and rain and have absolutely no water stains at all!!

10. Hello dolly . I'm not sure if its good to wet the bag without tanning. I always tanned mine first . Here exactly how I did it . I hope it helps :smile:When you get your new bag put it in the sunlight for 3 days just 1 hour at a time . Turn bag once during the hour . on day 4 take a white cotton sock wet it ....wring it out super good then wipe down all the vachetta evenly Dont Scrub . Then set it on your dresser and let it dry overnight in the morning take a dry sock and polish vachetta softly . now every 2- 3 months wipe down and polish it again. After the first time i wiped it i wore it in the rain :storm: and no water spots at all. The reason you want to do this every 3 months is because you dont want the handle to turn black . That black is just dirt . The handle should stay my color or a little darker its whole life and never blacken. Also when you wipe the vachetta also wipe the canvas to keep it clean . Let me know if you have any more questions. Have a great week :smile: here is a video of me cleaning the speedy . I also have an Artsy one cleaning as well .

11. so happy u love this :smile:

12. Thank you so much!

13. Hi! I love this method! I did it on my Neverull mm that was slightly pre loved and I feel so confident now! I do have a new speedy b 35 that I am going to be doing this too, however i have a question. In your response to this poster about tanning the bag first, you mentioned you have always tanned your bags first. May I ask, was this your own method or did someone advise to do it that way as far as tanning first? I suppose what was the thought behind it? And does the color change at all after tanning it for that short time? I guess I'm wondering exactly how tanning it first makes a difference in this method. Does it make or break it? Does it have something to do with the oxidation with the light or sun that maybe gives the leather a light base first? If you or anyone might know I'm very curious!! Thank you!!! ❤️❤️❤️

14. Hello . The tanning is my own addition. I really love the honey look so if definitely speeds up the process. I just felt like when I got the bag that the handles were so pale and new that if I added water it would soak in to much . so I felt like the sun would help oxidize it an make the bag a little less absorbent if that makes sense . But that's only my opinion I wouldn't wet it before tanning cause I think it would absorb too much water dry it out way too much. Thank you for your question :smile:

15. That makes sense! Thank you for the response!! ☺️