Showing off again

kmccrea

Designer At Large
Apr 28, 2006
This time it is a purse. I made this one from a strawberry print I bought I don't know how long ago. I must have liked it because I cut out two purses in this style and have enough left over for a bucket bag (that's what I decided it would be. It's styled from an army utility bag which I was not allowed to take apart because the SO would not let me have it if I did. Pockets are on the outside and other features include a shoulder strap, lime green lining (matches some of the green leaves of the print) and a hidden magnetic closure.
green strawberry2.jpg
Front

green strawberry3.jpg
Side

green strawberry4.jpg
Back

I found this interfacing which makes the bag stand up on it's own. Which is great because I can use almost any fabric to make my purses and other things which require body.

I must have liked the strawberry print, because I bought 3 or so yards of it. I still think it's cute.
It takes about 1 yard of 45" wide fabric to create either a purse lining or shell unless the planned project is really big. I usually buy a little extra for trim, straps or handles, and to make sure I don't run out. It might have been a remanant and priced for the whole piece and I bought it because I liked it.
I should take photographs of my linen closet which houses my fabric collection. You all would laugh, my SO does. By the way, there is linen in the closet, but no towels or sheets...only yardage.
Katherine