Show Your Valentino RockStud Spike!

Haha it is! I haven't seen anyone else with these in my city or online even! The distressed pink leather one was bought in 2017 and the suede in 2018, they are seasonal I believe. It seems like every country carry a different edition! I have skipped few seasons that I didn't like the theme of it but I am in the look for more spike bags, they are just stunning!

Can't wait to see your future spike purchases now that I know you fancy Limited Edition ones and have great taste!

Hi all, I have some questions about the rockstud spike bag, hope it's ok to ask here.

I recently got a rockstud spike bag in medium size. But as soon as I opened it, I noticed some dent marks under the flap cover, caused by the cover pushing toward the studs on the bag. The bag was half filled with some soft wrapping paper. It's from farfewtch and the seller did not put any protection between the flap cover and the bag. I am wondering if it has happened to any of you? Is this normal and will likely happen over time? I am debating if I should keep it or return it.... What do you think about the overall quality of the bag?

20200704_113909-3.jpg

Hi all, I have some questions about the rockstud spike bag, hope it's ok to ask here.

I recently got a rockstud spike bag in medium size. But as soon as I opened it, I noticed some dent marks under the flap cover, caused by the cover pushing toward the studs on the bag. The bag was half filled with some soft wrapping paper. It's from farfewtch and the seller did not put any protection between the flap cover and the bag. I am wondering if it has happened to any of you? Is this normal and will likely happen over time? I am debating if I should keep it or return it.... What do you think about the overall quality of the bag?

View attachment 4779198

Hi, I bought mine from Harvey Nichols and there are the same indentation marks under the flap (they didn't put any wrapping there either). I think it's inevitable anyway as the bag can't really be worn with anything between the flap and the bag. I have similar with my Mulberry ostrich medium Lily bag, the suede under the flap has dot impressions from the pattern of the ostrich leather skin of the bag. I'm not put off by the indentations, I think the rockstud spike is such a gorgeous design, I have the small and would like to add a medium at some point too.

Reactions: amnosa
Hi, I bought mine from Harvey Nichols and there are the same indentation marks under the flap (they didn't put any wrapping there either). I think it's inevitable anyway as the bag can't really be worn with anything between the flap and the bag. I have similar with my Mulberry ostrich medium Lily bag, the suede under the flap has dot impressions from the pattern of the ostrich leather skin of the bag. I'm not put off by the indentations, I think the rockstud spike is such a gorgeous design, I have the small and would like to add a medium at some point too.

Thanks for the reply. I do love the bag but was disappointed to see those indentation marks on a new bag. I guess like you said, those marks are inevitable. I just hope the overall quality is good and the exterior won't be so fragile.

View attachment 4779198
It's common, depending on careful retailer stores and/or packaged bag for delivery. Just get a felt fabric or old tee and put it between when you're storing it and hopefully, it will undent itself. The background is black so it's not that visible.

It's lambskin, so it will be more delicate, but I feel Valentino quality is pretty good.

It's common, depending on careful retailer stores and/or packaged bag for delivery. Just get a felt fabric or old tee and put it between when you're storing it and hopefully, it will undent itself. The background is black so it's not that visible.

It's lambskin, so it will be more delicate, but I feel Valentino quality is pretty good.

Thanks. It's good to know that's normal :P just hope the exterior is not as fragile. Absolutely love the bag!

Hi, does anyone know if a replacement Rockstud for a shoe is the same size as the bag rockstuds? Just got this gorgeous bag, never seen anything like it. It is my 1st Valentino, I'm more of a Louie girlIt is perfect minus 1 missing stud, I think it's gunmetal & I found a gunmetal replacement shoe stud. I know I can get a replacement done at the Valentino storeThank you for your help & stay safe. I'm not sure where to post, hopefully I'm in the right area

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200707-005939.png
    Screenshot_20200707-005939.png
    326.2 KB · Views: 10
I received the LE edition for Christmas :heart:
Pics do not do this bag justice! I saw in in the boutique and Was soooo tempted to buy it, but then I would have to get rid of my red Chanel So I passed. It is one of the most stunning combinations I’ve seen!! (I bought the olive green which I love almost as much as this bag!). Heheh!