*Show Your Tiffany DBTY Necklace!!!*

How delicate is the chain in dbty? Has anyone had any issues of breaking or snapping, i have a diamond ne klace from another jeweller that broke easily. Just wondering if the tiffany is the same. I have two young kids and wondering if 8 should avoid wearing it when im with them.

I’d love your advice! I found a .31 platinum that has been extended to 17” on eBay and looked up the serial number and it’s authentic. It’s color g and ssv2. Do you think .31 would be too big on me? I want a dainty piece I can wear everyday but not too small (for me that’s anything below .22 at this point). I am thinking about snagging it but wonder if .31 or .24-.26 would be better.
Hi there , can you please tell me how to look up the serial number. I’m considering buying one from eBay and would love to know the carat. Thank you

I recently purchased a dbty necklace for my daughter. We now realize that she would prefer a longer chain length than 16". I have considered purchasing a necklace extender of possibly up to four inches with a jump ring that would give her flexibility if she wanted to layer with another necklace. However, since the pendant is attached on both sides to the necklace as opposed to dangling from it, I am a little concerned that extending the length of the necklace might affect the way the pendant "hangs" and make it look wonky or off-center. I have even wondered whether two 2-inch extenders might be better than a single longer extender for keeping the balance or symmetry. Does anyone have any experience with extenders and the dbty or possibly another "fixed" pendant?

I recently purchased a dbty necklace for my daughter. We now realize that she would prefer a longer chain length than 16". I have considered purchasing a necklace extender of possibly up to four inches with a jump ring that would give her flexibility if she wanted to layer with another necklace. However, since the pendant is attached on both sides to the necklace as opposed to dangling from it, I am a little concerned that extending the length of the necklace might affect the way the pendant "hangs" and make it look wonky or off-center. I have even wondered whether two 2-inch extenders might be better than a single longer extender for keeping the balance or symmetry. Does anyone have any experience with extenders and the dbty or possibly another "fixed" pendant?
When Tiffany does the work, they add chain to both sides of the pendant, so you don't have to worry about wonkiness.
I am getting ready to send out my own dbty for an extension. I am adding 1 inch (1/2 inch to each side) and I am considering adding a jump ring 1/2 inch down in the chain so I can wear it shorter when it's worn alone.
Also, I recommend going to Amazon and buying a set of extenders (mine was 1 inch, 2 inch and 3 inch). It really helped me decide what length I wanted. :smile:

Reactions: skyqueen
Is there any time limit after purchase for having Tiffany do the work? I understand there is a charge for the extension. I think the test extenders may be a good idea to see the best length.
Yes the extenders were my mom's idea, and it was the best!! They only cost me like $7 and saved me what might have been an expensive mistake. I would not reccomend it as a permanent solution tho. I wouldn't trust mystery metal with an expensive necklace! ;)
I dont think there is any time frame at all for this work. The necklace I am sending in is super vintage. If you bought it super recently, I would call and see if they can waive some of the cost. It never hurts to ask!
That said, I'm not gonna lie, the cost is going to be double of what it would cost for a regular chain, because the have to open both sides. Then you have to pay for the material, whether it be gold, platinum, or silver. But I never would send a tiffany anywhere else to be altered or worked on. It's worth it to get it right the 1st time.
I would also reccomend adding a jump ring an inch or 2 in (you said you were considering a 4 inch extension?) So that way, your daughter can wear it long or short. I have no idea what additional cost it would be to add the ring, if I decide to do it I will post what it cost me here.

Reactions: escamillo
That said, I'm not gonna lie, the cost is going to be double of what it would cost for a regular chain, because the have to open both sides.
FYI - I recently had a fixed pendant with double chains extended and they only charged me the standard rate. I was very pleasantly surprised with the cost. It was a recent purchase, so maybe they treat older pieces differently. I hope you get a good deal, too!

Reactions: Saffy12
FYI - I recently had a fixed pendant with double chains extended and they only charged me the standard rate. I was very pleasantly surprised with the cost. It was a recent purchase, so maybe they treat older pieces differently. I hope you get a good deal, too!
Really, that's interesting!! I had my platinum dbty extended 1 inch, and they charged me $35 per side, so $70. But this was many years ago, probably close to 10. Maybe the rules have changed? Or, maybe they don't break the bill down so it looks like one flat fee?

Hello everyone! I wanted to purchase a Tiffany DBTY single pendent necklace last week and I felt very lucky to find this thread because the information/advises you ladies provided were very useful. I managed to find my ideal one, so I'd like to shall my experience too in case it could be useful to someone else. But forgive me for the language mistakes I make for I'm not a English nature speaker :P

There were 3 things that I wondered the most before the purchase :
1. What size of diamond should I choose?
2. Is it comfortable to wear it in every day life?
3. Should I buy it in YG or Plat. ?
These are the things we can't know just by visiting the website of Tiffany.

Since there is no Tiffany store in my city, I went to Paris to try them. And finally, I got myself a 0.14 pts. plat. one with the 16" chain. I've been wearing it ever since, as layered necklace or all alone. It sits still, not always in the very middle but always in the front (it moves sometimes a bit to the left or to the right, but never gets too far and I kind of like the way it looks when it's not in the very middle of my neck). It doesn't flip at all. It doesn't poke (even with all my winter clothes) unless I push it very hard into my skin with my finger :P The diamond is very sparkly and the necklace is very delicate.

I preferred the YG for many reasons before I went to the store. Also, I preferred the design of it in YG/Plat. than in RG/Silver. In the end, I bought the platinum one. I know that platinum could look kind of grey but I truly love the color. The SA told me that I could feel free to wear it even when I go to the beach or simply in showers.

Personally, I found that the 0.14 pts was the best size for THIS KIND of necklace. If I want to get a bigger stone, I will surely choose another kind of necklace/pendent - a more "classic" type. However, that's just a question of personal preference.

I'll try to post a pic but I'm really not good at it so let's see if it works... I took the photo with my cellphone. The necklace looks way better in real.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/img0694ul.jpg

I agree. I think .14 is the perfect size for this necklace. I have the YG and it’s my favorite. No poking no flipping. Sparkles so much and is so beautiful. I also have a .28 platinum but wear the .14 YG more. I actually prefer the smaller stone for this type of necklace.