*Show Your Tiffany DBTY Necklace!!!*

Could anyone share a photo of their rose gold DBTY in 0.14 or 0.17? I'm unsure of the thicker bezel and if that makes the diamond sparkle less (compared to the thinner bezel on the yellow gold) if anyone can comment on that. I got the yellow gold one and love how the diamond floated but ended up returning because it didn't suit my skin tone, but the store in my city is still closed from lockdown, so any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:.
Here’s a photo of my .17 in rose gold. I love it and it’s shiny AF in real life. It is a bit of a more “chunky” look compared to the yg, but still dainty. To me, it’s dainty but substantial enough to be a statement.

Attachments

• E8CFE89B-D590-4BED-ABFD-D06B242CF130.jpeg
    E8CFE89B-D590-4BED-ABFD-D06B242CF130.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 410
Which colour do you think suits me better? The SA said I could order the rose gold with the thinner bezel, they just didn't have any available to try on
To me, the rose blends better with your skin tone. But I’m bias toward rg, I love the rg that tiffany makes, as it’s not too pink. Get the rose gold in .17 or try it in .14 if you think it’s too big, but really, it’s not a big difference. You’ll love it either way.

Reactions: Jw80
I keep going back and forth between yellow (0.2) or rose (0.17) gold, but stores have finally opened up here and I was able to go in and try both on. I'm still undecided though, and would like to input. Thank you! :smile:View attachment 5039936
I'm partial to rose gold, but based on the photo you provided I think the rose gold blends with your skin tone more. It is yellow lighting afterall so it may well look different under natural daylight. Sizing wise I prefer the overall size of the rose gold, but I do not like thick bezel as they allow less light through and in my mind the diamond sparkles less.

I actually bought a .21ct rg dbty but exchanged it for a .34ct as I felt it looked too small. I found that, in order to match the overall size of the .17 rg (including the bezel) I had to go .30 and above.

Here are some pictures if it helps. FYI I'm petite under 5'2.
20210410_104430.jpg 20210410_102719.jpg

I remember seeing a ruler measurement somewhere in the forum of a .17 rg and it was approximately 5mm across inclusive of bezel. The .34 I have is about 6mm. A .20 - .24 ct would probably measure smaller overall (maybe 4mm?) but showcase more diamond compared to a .17ct.

IMO, dbty needs to be judged from a distance. I recommend going as large as your budget allows unless you intend to layer it.

Hello everyone! I've actually read all 160+ pages :biggrin: thank you so much for posting pictures and infos! I am thinking of getting a DBTY myself, and you really helped me! Now I kinda feel like a DBTY expert...

However, still struggling with my choice; can someone help me?

I think for me 0.17ct is a pretty good size (also, its the largest I can afford atm lol). However, according to Tiffanys website, the diamonds for the YG and RG DBTYs have worse specs (color H-I) than the platinum ones (color D-G)? Even though they are approx. the same price! (the platinum one is only 100€ more!) If I remember correctly, same has been mentioned by AntiqueShopper in this thread. I wonder why the plat ones have better specs?

Also, has anyone compared 0.17 plat with yg/rg? Which one is more sparkly? I am not sure which metal I should choose. I would say I have a neutral skintone (pale asian) and the watches I wear everyday are in stainless steel (so silver), so plat would actually fit with the watch. Also, I think the diamond looks a bit bigger with Plat as they are both "silverish" if that makes sense. But I also think RG is a beautiful color and would probably look nice against my skin as well. BUT the RG .17 have a thicker bezel so I am not sure how to think about that. From what I have read in this thread, the RG .17 wont poke because of the thicker bezel (which is good), is heavier so it wont flip, and also the diamond looks bigger. But I am a bit worried that the diamond wont sparkle as much as the ones with a thinner necklace and also the diamond have worse specs for approx. the same price... Also, from the pictures

Before I go in store and check, I would like to ask what you think about the above mentioned? Which metal color do you like best? Also, has some both plat and rg (or even all 3) and willing to share their opinion? TIA!

Reactions: bluerose123
Hello everyone! I've actually read all 160+ pages :biggrin: thank you so much for posting pictures and infos! I am thinking of getting a DBTY myself, and you really helped me! Now I kinda feel like a DBTY expert...

However, still struggling with my choice; can someone help me?

I think for me 0.17ct is a pretty good size (also, its the largest I can afford atm lol). However, according to Tiffanys website, the diamonds for the YG and RG DBTYs have worse specs (color H-I) than the platinum ones (color D-G)? Even though they are approx. the same price! (the platinum one is only 100€ more!) If I remember correctly, same has been mentioned by AntiqueShopper in this thread. I wonder why the plat ones have better specs?

Also, has anyone compared 0.17 plat with yg/rg? Which one is more sparkly? I am not sure which metal I should choose. I would say I have a neutral skintone (pale asian) and the watches I wear everyday are in stainless steel (so silver), so plat would actually fit with the watch. Also, I think the diamond looks a bit bigger with Plat as they are both "silverish" if that makes sense. But I also think RG is a beautiful color and would probably look nice against my skin as well. BUT the RG .17 have a thicker bezel so I am not sure how to think about that. From what I have read in this thread, the RG .17 wont poke because of the thicker bezel (which is good), is heavier so it wont flip, and also the diamond looks bigger. But I am a bit worried that the diamond wont sparkle as much as the ones with a thinner necklace and also the diamond have worse specs for approx. the same price... Also, from the pictures

Before I go in store and check, I would like to ask what you think about the above mentioned? Which metal color do you like best? Also, has some both plat and rg (or even all 3) and willing to share their opinion? TIA!
Does the Tiffany website say so...? Actually I never heard like that. Tiffany uses simply D-I color regardless of metal. I have two DBTY necklaces- one in platinum with I color stone and another one set in YG with a G color stone. There were various options between F-I when I was selecting my necklaces. I have not seen D or E in DBTY yet (but there must be!), I think these colors are less popular especially for DBTY design as this necklace is supposed to be dainty (below 1 carat is more popular). In this carat weight D or E would be somewhat overkill. I am not a fan of RG so I honestly never paid attention to RG necklaces if they have indeed thicker bezel. RG DBTY earrings have thinner bezel exactly like platinum or YG. The thickness of bezel does not affect the sparkle of diamond in any case. Color doesn't either.

Last edited:
Reactions: etudes
Yes, I found it on the Tiffany website (germany). You can find it if you select the .17 size of whatever metal. May I ask you which metal (plat/yg) you prefer? Does the plat one appear "darker" than the yg one?

Yes, I found it on the Tiffany website (germany). You can find it if you select the .17 size of whatever metal. May I ask you which metal (plat/yg) you prefer? Does the plat one appear "darker" than the yg one?
I checked Tiffany.de and now I found that description. However, it is written that for both platinum and YG the specification of diamonds are same: 0.17ct, color H-I and clarify IF-VS2. I believe they present this fixed specification at online store for easier sales with a unified price. Plus H-I are always popular choice as this range offers the best bang for the buck. At offline boutique you find various specs. Carat weight of stone are not fixed and color & clarity either. I have seen in many cases a stone of warmer color is preferred for YG/RG than in white gold/Pt, because some people think setting D/E stones in colored metal is overkill. However it is done so more in higher carat weight when the color of stone is obviously visible in a big stone. In DBTY necklace, actually the difference in color is almost not noticeable. I did not know in the beginning my Pt necklace has a I stone (0.34ct). It was colorless to my eyes and sparkly. Later on I added YG version to have a bigger stone (0.54ct, G color). Color difference of diamond is almost meaningless in this carat weight and especially when the stones are face up & set. I prefer my YG necklace because it is more substantial in size and also its chain itself looks better on my skin. As you know, Tiffany's Pt chain is quite grey and matt...I have many Pt chain necklaces so I wanted to have something different.

Platin.pngYG.png

Did we check the same website? I have attached screenshots of the german website (Farben means Color). The ones for plat is from D-G and the ones for yg have colors form H-I, same for rg. I am aware that diamonds that are .17 or smaller do not come with a certificat, and the diamond just have some specs that is in the described range (for both online and offline sale). However, does anyone knows the reason why the colors for diamonds up to .17 for platin are "better" than for yg? @lihoo I dont quite understand, what do you mean by "because some people think setting D/E stones in colored metal is overkill."? TIA!

View attachment 5084922View attachment 5084923

Did we check the same website? I have attached screenshots of the german website (Farben means Color). The ones for plat is from D-G and the ones for yg have colors form H-I, same for rg. I am aware that diamonds that are .17 or smaller do not come with a certificat, and the diamond just have some specs that is in the described range (for both online and offline sale). However, does anyone knows the reason why the colors for diamonds up to .17 for platin are "better" than for yg? @lihoo I dont quite understand, what do you mean by "because some people think setting D/E stones in colored metal is overkill."? TIA!
Oh you are right. I realised that I checked YG and Silver (not Pt). Diamonds tend to reflect the color of the metal when set, so if you use extremely colorless stones like D and E for YG/RG, the stone might look slightly tinted due to the color of metal. So some people think it is 'pity' to use D/E for those metals- that's what I mean. On the other hand, if lower color such as J or below than this grade is set in white gold or platinum, the tint of the stone tends to become more obvious due to the contrast with the white metal. So using a little bit warmer stones in YG/RG and colorless diamond for WG/PT may be safer as their colors naturally blend with the metal.

Last edited:
Reactions: ugaugauga