*Show Your Tiffany DBTY Necklace!!!*

I purchased a .33ct rose gold dbty necklace in F colour today. It’s my first diamond purchase and I’m so excited for it to arrive! :love: I actually initially purchased a .26ct in platinum because the durability appealed to me, but felt that the metal looked quite grey, dark/dull on my skin. The rose gold seems to compliment my pale/pink skin tone nicely and the .33ct seems to be the perfect size for me. Happy to post a picture when it arrives.

Hi everyone, I’ve been looking at the DBTY for a long time, but am having difficulty choosing between platinum and RG. I am not able to go into the store to try them on and will have to order online. I’d like to do that before prices increase on Tuesday. I went to a local jewellery store today to try on chains in both metals, but they didn’t have any platinum and only had one RG option (14 as opposed to 18 my). I took a picture of WG and RG for comparison. What do you think?

9AAFC3A1-3922-402A-884E-4C5DB8F1FE36.jpeg

Reactions: Shopgirl1996
Hi everyone, I’ve been looking at the DBTY for a long time, but am having difficulty choosing between platinum and RG. I am not able to go into the store to try them on and will have to order online. I’d like to do that before prices increase on Tuesday. I went to a local jewellery store today to try on chains in both metals, but they didn’t have any platinum and only had one RG option (14 as opposed to 18 my). I took a picture of WG and RG for comparison. What do you think?

View attachment 4832650

I like the rose gold on you.

Reactions: Gracilan and LadyW

View attachment 4832650
Rose gold for sure! Can’t wait to see!

View attachment 4832650
Rose Gold for sure. We're similar complextions (from what I can tell in this pic) and while I love Platinum - the Rose Gold really compliments your skin tone. I think it will also showcase the diamond more than platinum on you. I recently had a diamond reset into a pendant (not technically a Tiffany DBTY but the exact same concept) in Rose Gold and I'm so glad I went this direction instead of the platinum. My wedding set is platinum and I wouldn't have it any other way. But against the neck in this way - Rose Gold will really compliment your skin tone AND set off the diamond. JMTC.

Rose Gold for sure. We're similar complextions (from what I can tell in this pic) and while I love Platinum - the Rose Gold really compliments your skin tone. I think it will also showcase the diamond more than platinum on you. I recently had a diamond reset into a pendant (not technically a Tiffany DBTY but the exact same concept) in Rose Gold and I'm so glad I went this direction instead of the platinum. My wedding set is platinum and I wouldn't have it any other way. But against the neck in this way - Rose Gold will really compliment your skin tone AND set off the diamond. JMTC.
Thank you! I appreciate your thoughts. Everything I have (wedding ring, etc.) is white gold. I like the way the platinum looks on its own, but I’m worried it will be grey on my skin. I’m glad you are happy with your decision to take the RG leap! That helps a lot!

Reactions: MooMooVT
Ladies, one more question. I much prefer the thinner bezel, but I’ve read that the thicker bezel is more comfortable to wear (less poking) and it helps prevent the diamond from flipping. Can anyone comment? I’m probably overthinking this, but I want to love this piece. Did anyone who liked the thinner bezel end up purchasing the thicker one? If so, do you regret your decision?

Ladies, one more question. I much prefer the thinner bezel, but I’ve read that the thicker bezel is more comfortable to wear (less poking) and it helps prevent the diamond from flipping. Can anyone comment? I’m probably overthinking this, but I want to love this piece. Did anyone who liked the thinner bezel end up purchasing the thicker one? If so, do you regret your decision?
What size stone are you looking to purchase? Usually larger size stones have more of a poking problem. I have a .14 in yellow gold and doesn’t bother me at all. My .32 in platinum bothered me the first couple wears and now wear all the time. My 5 stone .25 cttw sterling silver necklace the stones I don’t feel at all.

Reactions: keodi
What size stone are you looking to purchase? Usually larger size stones have more of a poking problem. I have a .14 in yellow gold and doesn’t bother me at all. My .32 in platinum bothered me the first couple wears and now wear all the time. My 5 stone .25 cttw sterling silver necklace the stones I don’t feel at all.
It’s between the .14 and the .22. The .14 has the thicker bezel and the .22, the thinner. Here is a picture the SA sent me of the two. I’m also planning on getting the basket added to the back. I think that will help with the poking, regardless. I’m just hoping it won’t affect how the necklace looks when wearing.

C0911BDC-D560-4766-89AC-79C74796C3D1.jpeg

It’s between the .14 and the .22. The .14 has the thicker bezel and the .22, the thinner. Here is a picture the SA sent me of the two. I’m also planning on getting the basket added to the back. I think that will help with the poking, regardless. I’m just hoping it won’t affect how the necklace looks when wearing.

View attachment 4833207
I have the 0.17 rose gold and love it. Is that an option? When I saw them in person, it looked bigger than the bigger diamond size because of the bezel. I kind of don't think paying more for the bigger diamond size makes sense in this case.

As a side note, did the prices go up? I got my 0.17 for $1225
a year ago.

I have the 0.17 rose gold and love it. Is that an option? When I saw them in person, it looked bigger than the bigger diamond size because of the bezel. I kind of don't think paying more for the bigger diamond size makes sense in this case.

As a side note, did the prices go up? I got my 0.17 for $1225
a year ago.
Thanks, Tanya. The 0.17 was an option, but I couldn't see a difference between 0.14 and 0.17? Maybe it was just the picture. The prices quoted are in Canadian dollars, so may account for the difference. I agree with you - the 0.14 looks bigger than the 0.22 because of the bezel, but I couldn't stop focusing on the bezel! I thought it would end up driving me crazy, so I ordered the .22. Fingers crossed...

Thanks, Tanya. The 0.17 was an option, but I couldn't see a difference between 0.14 and 0.17? Maybe it was just the picture. The prices quoted are in Canadian dollars, so may account for the difference. I agree with you - the 0.14 looks bigger than the 0.22 because of the bezel, but I couldn't stop focusing on the bezel! I thought it would end up driving me crazy, so I ordered the .22. Fingers crossed...
It'll be beautiful :smile: