*Show Your Tiffany DBTY Necklace!!!*

Hello and good day I just got mine yesterday. It is in the .20 in triple excellent cut VS2 I... I don’t know much about diamonds but mine is not so sparkly. I am also thinking of extending the chain to make it 17 and 1/2 inch... I had been stalking this thread for few years until I decided to get one...

8989DE28-AB79-4818-9ED8-AE9BDA0D9346.jpeg

Reactions: znaifeh
Hello and good day I just got mine yesterday. It is in the .20 in triple excellent cut VS2 I... I don’t know much about diamonds but mine is not so sparkly. I am also thinking of extending the chain to make it 17 and 1/2 inch... I had been stalking this thread for few years until I decided to get one...

View attachment 4773360
This is in daylight... thank you. Stay safe and stay healthy

View attachment 4773360

Sorry to hear it's not sparkly. Mine sparkles like crazy. Have you tried cleaning it in jewelry cleaner or with windex?

Sorry to hear it's not sparkly. Mine sparkles like crazy. Have you tried cleaning it in jewelry cleaner or with windex?
Hello Shopgirl1996, the SA at Tiffany cleaned it for before the final purchase. I am thinking of going back today and check if they have more of .20, especially they are increasing the price 1st of July... But do you think I got the good specs? The SA only showed me 1 .20 yesterday... Thank you

The color and clarity are not the reason the stone doesn’t sparkle. Go back to the store and compare with others. You should pick a stone that catches your eye more than anything else.

Hello AntiqueShopper, thank you for the info. My SA just called and ask me to make a decision on which one to bring down to their shop from another branch. And since I am only given one option to go check and compare, here are the specs:

1. Color G VVS2 .20carat
2. Color F VVS1 .18carat

Both the same price of SGD2450

I am torn which one to request. I hope somebody can help me with preference. Which one will you choose?

Thank you very much

Hello AntiqueShopper, thank you for the info. My SA just called and ask me to make a decision on which one to bring down to their shop from another branch. And since I am only given one option to go check and compare, here are the specs:

1. Color G VVS2 .20carat
2. Color F VVS1 .18carat

I am torn which one to request. I hope somebody can help me with preference. Which one will you choose?

Thank you very much

The DBTY diamonds tend to have more scintillation (white light flashes) and less fire (color light flashes) than the solitaire pendants. When you say the one you got is not so sparkly I’m not sure if you mean it looks dull and flat and doesn’t have much white bright flashes or that it doesn’t have fire flashes.

If you want fire flashes you’d get more of what you’re looking for in the solitaire pendant setting. If it just looks flat and dull, then yes try swapping for a different dbty. My personal choice would be the F/VVS1 listed as number 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: AntiqueShopper
The DBTY diamonds tend to have more scintillation (white light flashes) and less fire (color light flashes) than the solitaire pendants. When you say the one you got is not so sparkly I’m not sure if you mean it looks dull and flat and doesn’t have much white bright flashes or that it doesn’t have fire flashes.

If you want fire flashes you’d get more of what you’re looking for in the solitaire pendant setting. If it just looks flat and dull, then yes try swapping for a different dbty. My personal choice would be the F/VVS1 listed as number 2.

Wow, thank you and yes I meant it looks flat and dull.

I agree or I would ask to look for an F with a lower clarity so you can get a larger stone.

1. Color G VVS2 .20carat
2. Color F VVS1 .18carat

Thank you very much
I’m diamond certified from GIA. These two stones are so close it probably doesn’t matter much which one you get. The F will be slightly whiter than the G and the 2 point difference in size you will probably not notice. Tough choice. Good luck with your decision!