Show your *love* for Chanel Ballet Flats

IMG_0922.jpg
Just saw these new beauties at my local Neiman Marcus. They are a pale pink pearlized lambskin with grosgrain toe cap. LOVE the color but worried about wear/tear. Any insight? Anyone have similar material from previous seasons? I have a pair of quilted black calfskin ballerinas and a beige/black goatskin pair from last season, so limited experience with lambskin - especially the pearlized.

Reactions: Law
View attachment 3997285
Just saw these new beauties at my local Neiman Marcus. They are a pale pink pearlized lambskin with grosgrain toe cap. LOVE the color but worried about wear/tear. Any insight? Anyone have similar material from previous seasons? I have a pair of quilted black calfskin ballerinas and a beige/black goatskin pair from last season, so limited experience with lambskin - especially the pearlized.

I have a lot of Chanel ballets in all leather types. I love lambskin the most as it is soft and beautiful. I have had two pairs of pearlized ones, and love them. One of them is pearly white with a black cap toe and it is one of my favorite ballets.

The pale pink / black toe combo is hard to come by. I would say get it. The leather would not be my concern, the grossgrain toe is less durable than the leather. But I have also had grossgrain and never had an issue.

I do not baby my Chanel shoes though. I walk all over the City in them.

Those are very pretty. I have not seen that combo so it must have just arrived recently. I may get those too! I love pink ballets. But I already have three pairs of pale pink Chanel ballets. Hmmmm... thinking.

If you don’t have any pink ballets, for sure I would get them! Without hesitation. They are beautiful.

Good luck!

I have a lot of Chanel ballets in all leather types. I love lambskin the most as it is soft and beautiful. I have had two pairs of pearlized ones, and love them. One of them is pearly white with a black cap toe and it is one of my favorite ballets.

The pale pink / black toe combo is hard to come by. I would say get it. The leather would not be my concern, the grossgrain toe is less durable than the leather. But I have also had grossgrain and never had an issue.

I do not baby my Chanel shoes though. I walk all over the City in them.

Those are very pretty. I have not seen that combo so it must have just arrived recently. I may get those too! I love pink ballets. But I already have three pairs of pale pink Chanel ballets. Hmmmm... thinking.

If you don’t have any pink ballets, for sure I would get them! Without hesitation. They are beautiful.

Good luck!

Wow thanks so much for the reply! I have pink ballet flats by Ferragamo, but they are patent and not with the black tip so a different look. Pale pink is one of my favorite colors and works as a neutral for me, so I think I would wear a lot - I was just worried about wear showing quickly with the pearlized lamb. But you have convinced me - I think I may have to keep! I just saw these a few days ago and SA said they just hit the floor, so I think very new collection. FYI I saw them at both Neimans and Saks. Let me know if you pick them up!

Wow thanks so much for the reply! I have pink ballet flats by Ferragamo, but they are patent and not with the black tip so a different look. Pale pink is one of my favorite colors and works as a neutral for me, so I think I would wear a lot - I was just worried about wear showing quickly with the pearlized lamb. But you have convinced me - I think I may have to keep! I just saw these a few days ago and SA said they just hit the floor, so I think very new collection. FYI I saw them at both Neimans and Saks. Let me know if you pick them up!

Yes! I will get them. I text my SA but she is out until Tuesday and will get them to me then.

I love pale pink ballets with the black cap toe. I think you will really love them. The black cap toe is signature Chanel and to me, the black with the pale pink is feminine and chic (not frou frou).

By the way, on durability you asked earlier, I have white lambskin ballets in addition to the pearly white ones and hands down, the pearly white ones are tough. I have already gone through three pairs of the regular white lambskin ones but the pearly white ones don’t have any big issues.

I hope you get them. I think you will love them and you picked a gorgeous color combo (that is hard to come by also).

Good luck!

By the way, I looked at your photo again and they look like normal lambskin to me. But it’s hard to tell in a photo. Do you have another photo?

Either way, lamb or pearly lamb, it’s a gorgeous ballet and I would get it if I were you.

I absolutely love CHANEL flats! In fact, I sold all my flat shoes and kept only CHANEL!

So comfortable!!! But the trick is for me is to go up half or even a full size.. I wear them loose but that’s what makes them work perfectly fine.. trust me ladies!!!

I have 8 already, I’ll attach the most recent purchase now and 2 more are on the way so I’ll post a family photo when they arrive!

564A99DE-FAD8-456C-B5C2-5E122DF244F0.jpeg F6EDB3B2-8DC5-42CB-94D4-B539688ACD11.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello ladies - my current Chanel flats have a nude sole (except for the black heel) - does anyone know if the earlier versions (2006 in particular) had an all-black sole? Thanks so much!