Show your *love* for Chanel Ballet Flats

Thank you :smile: Im not that worried. Everything always works out in the end.

But yes - french sizing is definitely a thing ! I've actually moved to France from California 3 years ago, so I can confirm that this is true ... it's seriously confusing me every time I shop now, especially online :-/

Lol. So I called the Chanel store in Paris and the store in Nice. The first store (Avenue Montaigne, Paris) told me their shoes are EU sizing and the second store (Nice) said FR sizing. Im going to make a Paris trip and find out once and for all ! The sales start this week too here in France [emoji847]Wish me luck and I'll report back ladies !

Reactions: Mgallows
Hello dear Chanel flat lovers,

I would like to kindly ask you for your trusted opinion about authenticity of Chanel cc flats I purchased from eBay. They are pre-owned and are in a good condition. I don't see any red flags myself but I have only basic knowledge as what to look for. However the flats don't have an inside serial number. Could you please tell me your opinion from the pics?

Thank you so so much for your time and dedication, I appreciate it so much!IMG_20180116_203139421.jpg IMG_20180116_203210071.jpg IMG_20180116_203139421.jpg IMG_20180116_203210071.jpg IMG_20180116_203246479.jpg

I would like to kindly ask you for your trusted opinion about authenticity of Chanel cc flats I purchased from eBay. They are pre-owned and are in a good condition. I don't see any red flags myself but I have only basic knowledge as what to look for. However the flats don't have an inside serial number. Could you please tell me your opinion from the pics?

Thank you so so much for your time and dedication, I appreciate it so much!View attachment 3936576 View attachment 3936577 View attachment 3936576 View attachment 3936577 View attachment 3936578

They look fake to me. The Made In Italy is crooked and the font looks wrong and there is no CC (see the silver ballet above for a look at the sole). The sole should have the CC. Plus, I have a lot of ballets and all of mine have the serial. All of them and I have about 50 ballets and other Chanel shoes.

Last point, and this is because I am picky. The bow is tied wrong. The person could have pulled on the bow and tried to re-tie it. But once you mess up the bow, it is never the same. Look at photos of new ballets (see the silver ballet above). The bow is perfect and flat. All the ballet bows are flat. It is not all curly like your photo.

Forgetting the bow, the other two items seem fishy to me and I would not buy.

They look fake to me. The Made In Italy is crooked and the font looks wrong and there is no CC (see the silver ballet above for a look at the sole). The sole should have the CC. Plus, I have a lot of ballets and all of mine have the serial. All of them and I have about 50 ballets and other Chanel shoes.

Last point, and this is because I am picky. The bow is tied wrong. The person could have pulled on the bow and tried to re-tie it. But once you mess up the bow, it is never the same. Look at photos of new ballets (see the silver ballet above). The bow is perfect and flat. All the ballet bows are flat. It is not all curly like your photo.

Forgetting the bow, the other two items seem fishy to me and I would not buy.
Thank you so much for your opinion. I filed a claim with eBay. I guess I deserved it for trusting someone on eBay. I was stupid to do that. I love the flats and wanted to buy first pair. I don't have NM near so I am not able to find a new pair for great price. :sad:

Italian sizing is 1,2,3,4,5 etc. While French sizing, also known as EU sizing is 35,36,37,37,38 etc
British sizing also goes by 1,2,3,4,5 etc but the sizes totally differs from Italian sizes.

I’m 38 in Chanel ballerinas, 7 in Ferragamo pumps, 5 in LK Bennett, just to give some examples.

Reactions: Sterntalerli
Hello ladies, I am returning the flats. The seller was nice. If any of you would like to send black CC flats either new or used in good condition for reasonable price, please let me know. I am normally size 7, so it is probably 7.5 or 8 in Chanel. Thank you so much

Thank you so so much for your time and dedication, I appreciate it so much!View attachment 3936576 View attachment 3936577 View attachment 3936576 View attachment 3936577 View attachment 3936578
These are older style but look authentic to me. Did you get the orig box with your purchase?

hi everyone,

looking for some sizing help here!

i am a true us 7.5 in shoes. i tried a pair of quilted suede ballet flats in sizes 37.5 and 38. i was slipping out of the 38 when i was walking around in the store and they were all around a little too wide and long. at first when i tried on the 37.5 - it felt like the perfect fit but after a few minutes they felt a little tight. the width everywhere else is good but the toe box felt a little tight and and the top of my big toe felt a little uncomfortable (i guess because it was touching the the top of the shoe). the SA said i should go with the 37.5 as i was slipping out of the 38s and she said they would stretch. and even a cobbler could stretch it out a little.

question is - will these stretch in the toe box? im sure they will because they are suede all shoes end up stretching after a few wears but would like to know your experiences.

thanks so much!

Hi there. Not sure if you already got the shoes, but I had this same issue last year with my classic Lambskin beige/black ballerinas. I am usually a true 7US. The 37s were way too small, the 37.5 felt fine but tight in the toe box, and the 38s felt much more comfy but slipped off. The sales rep at Saks said they could stretch out the toe box, but I felt the shoes were too expensive to be tampered with. I ended up going with the 38s and got insoles (the free kind they give you at the shoe department), and never ended up using them. I have worn the shoes about a dozen times since, and can tell you that they have not stretched, or given me any blisters! They don't feel loose or too big. They feel comfy and just right.

Reactions: amary18
Hi ladies

Quick question and sorry if it’s already been answered. I currently have one pair of Chanel Ballet flats which are classic black with patent toe cap which I’ve had for about 3 years but haven’t worn much as I have a bunion (eww I know!) and as these are quite narrow they rub on my foot so I can never wear them for that long at a time.

I seem to recall that when I tried these on I also tried another pair which were quilted and I think they were wider than the usual style, am I losing my mind or do they exist? If so I think I’ll have to treat myself.

I love the style of the Chanel ballets but don’t want to spend £££ again on a pair of shoes that I might not wear often.

Hi ladies

Quick question and sorry if it’s already been answered. I currently have one pair of Chanel Ballet flats which are classic black with patent toe cap which I’ve had for about 3 years but haven’t worn much as I have a bunion (eww I know!) and as these are quite narrow they rub on my foot so I can never wear them for that long at a time.

I seem to recall that when I tried these on I also tried another pair which were quilted and I think they were wider than the usual style, am I losing my mind or do they exist? If so I think I’ll have to treat myself.

I love the style of the Chanel ballets but don’t want to spend £££ again on a pair of shoes that I might not wear often.

I remember trying on the Chanel quilted ballerinas and finding them a lot softer and a bit wider for my foot (i also have bunions, and the classic cc cap toe in black, but they don’t bother me).

Reactions: Law
Hi there. Not sure if you already got the shoes, but I had this same issue last year with my classic Lambskin beige/black ballerinas. I am usually a true 7US. The 37s were way too small, the 37.5 felt fine but tight in the toe box, and the 38s felt much more comfy but slipped off. The sales rep at Saks said they could stretch out the toe box, but I felt the shoes were too expensive to be tampered with. I ended up going with the 38s and got insoles (the free kind they give you at the shoe department), and never ended up using them. I have worn the shoes about a dozen times since, and can tell you that they have not stretched, or given me any blisters! They don't feel loose or too big. They feel comfy and just right.

thanks - so you ended up going up full size? even though you were slipping out of them? I didn't end up getting them because i couldn't decide on the sizing. neither of the sizes fit right.