Show Us Your Vintage Michael Kors

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NORDSTROM WINTER SALE Up to 40% off until February 23rd! Free shipping and free returns! Shop The Sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    Want to start a thread for Vintage Michael Kors. I am finding that many think vintage MK are fakes just because they don't see them in the stores recently and don't recognize the signs of the older MKs. MK used to use this Initial plate on may of their older bags. They don't use them anymore, but none the less, they ARE authentic. So please, anyone who has a vintage bag, let's see it here and start a collection! Here is a vintage Wooodside bag I am starting with. I added a MK charm to it, because they did not come with one. I just love these braided straps!

Attached Files:

Fob addict likes this.
  2. Wow , no one has any vintage Michael Kors?? I must be the old lady here! lol! I have quite a few and they seem to hold up better than my newer ones. Just like everything else, they made things better back when they took more time, and didn't cut back on quality materials, like they do now, no matter what you buy, including cars, appliances, etc.

Fob addict and greeneyedprincess like this.
  3. Here is another Vintage Braided Woodside bag I have in the Luggage color.These bags are about 15 years old and have held up very well. Super well made

Attached Files:

4. I had about seven or eight vintage MK. Sold them all about a year ago to fund an LV.

5. Here is my vintage Silver Braided Grommet bag. I have a thing for the braided straps. I don't see them in Macy's anymore. They look so nice laying on your shoulder. Almost looks like your hair! lol!

Attached Files:

Fob addict likes this.
  6. Do you have any pics left from when you sold them? Would be great to see them.

7. Will have to check. eBay deletes stuff now. My hubs might have some on a usb.

8. The oldest MK bag I have is the Braided Grommet bag I bought a few years ago. It ended up hidden in my closet & I forgot I had it until I pulled everything out. I'll get it out again & take a picture of it.

9. Cool ! Thanks! This will be such a handy reference thread. I hope others will post pics of their vintage bags as well! I have a few more and will add them later, after I see a few more from others.

10. Anybody remember the first Greenwich satchels with the coarser fabric lining? I have a black, a creamy white and a coffee which is a dark brown...not the correct color name for the cream but you get the idea. Will have to do a major reorganization on my closet to post pics so don't hold yer breath but yeah... They were nice! Some said they resembled the Celine Boogie Bag.

11. Can't wait to see them! Hope you can post pics soon! We really need a history of these bags. MK is 35 years old now. If we don't record them , who else will? I wonder if anybody has one from 1981 when they first opened! Wouldn't that be something?

12. This is the original Gansevoort bag before they came out with the recent tote version. It has a cross body strap as well. I always liked this version and don't know why they discontinued it. This is not my pic, but from a friend.

Attached Files:

13. Here's the oldest MK bag I have. It's the Braided Grommet bag.

Attached Files:

Fob addict likes this.
  14. My mom had that one, and passed it on to my SIL.
    She was carrying it Sunday @the family dinner.

15. OMG!! I love that bag! Isn't that the Edie bag?? Oh no, the edie has belts instead of where the braids are. We seem to have the same taste! I love the soft leather on that bag. I had one and my sister begged me for it! lol! I could never say no to her. Makes me want to get another one! NICE!! I wonder if MK is still making bags with braided straps these days. That was always my attraction to MK in the first place. I loved all his bags with the braided straps and still do! They are beautiful!