Show us your minimalist closet

For me, the hangers my clothes are on are just as important as my clothes.

The shape of the shoulder is kept & it just looks so finished to your eye when
you look into your closet & your clothes are on beautiful hangers.

I only keep clothes that are workable in my lifestyle & wear mostly black & neutral colors..

There is something so nice about having your wardrobe organized & stored properly.
Bags in dustbags, shoes with shoe stuffers, scarves folded, etc...admit I am rather
obsessive about my closet looks... big investment in there...LOL
Would you mind sharing what type of hangers you use, and where you buy them. Thanks!

Finally had some time to take pictures. As you can see I have a problem with cashmere sweaters and cardigans ..

In the drawers you can see jeans/pants/cashmere sweaters and cardigans/tank tops (currently in washing machine).
Hanging I have two dresses , silk tops, shirts and some thicker / longer wool and cashmere sweaters.

I've also added a photo of my small H scarf/shawl collection :smile:

I'm sorry if the photos are huge, I don't know how to make them smaller on the computer.

IMG_1589.JPG IMG_1614.JPG IMG_1617.JPG

Finally had some time to take pictures. As you can see I have a problem with cashmere sweaters and cardigans ..

In the drawers you can see jeans/pants/cashmere sweaters and cardigans/tank tops (currently in washing machine).
Hanging I have two dresses , silk tops, shirts and some thicker / longer wool and cashmere sweaters.

I've also added a photo of my small H scarf/shawl collection :smile:

I'm sorry if the photos are huge, I don't know how to make them smaller on the computer.

View attachment 3545412 View attachment 3545413 View attachment 3545414

I am so inspired.... I thought I had gotten rid of a lot of my clothes in the past 2 years but I still have a boat load to go!!! Seeing this makes me realize I need to continue before I buy more.... it's amazing. I love it!

I am so inspired.... I thought I had gotten rid of a lot of my clothes in the past 2 years but I still have a boat load to go!!! Seeing this makes me realize I need to continue before I buy more.... it's amazing. I love it!

I agree, it's amazing! I've always thought Myrkur had a great minimalist closet before. I love the white wooden hangers! Makes me realize I need to tackle a few things again it's just trying to find the time to do it.

Reactions: ladysarah

I agree, it's amazing! I've always thought Myrkur had a great minimalist closet before. I love the white wooden hangers! Makes me realize I need to tackle a few things again it's just trying to find the time to do it.

Thank you!

I think I do need to think twice before I purchase another Cashmere sweater. I think from now on I will apply one in, one out on the Cashmere sweaters as I don't want too many...

Thank you!

I think I do need to think twice before I purchase another Cashmere sweater. I think from now on I will apply one in, one out on the Cashmere sweaters as I don't want too many...
Your wardrobe looks lovely. Good quality cashmere doesn't wear out that easily, so....it will be a while before you can throw any things no out. Though you could always sell them on I think.

In theory, a minimalist closet/wardrobe sounds amazing. It is something I always aspire to... except I need to dress for work every day, go out on the weekend, go out with hubby at night, go to various functions during the year. I just can't manage a minimalist wardrobe without constantly wearing the same outfits and to me, this is where this idea of a minimalist wardrobe fails for me. I need variety.... i realise i actually need a lot of different types of clothes in various colour palettes because I really do not like wearing the same outfits/clothing items too repeatedly. People do notice..... well I notice on other people and to me, it is just not very exciting. I love fashion.. whether it is high street with average quality to designer pieces... I love to mix and match, constantly shop and update, recycle and give away. As much as i love this idea of minimalism... I realise it is not going to work for me...

I am in the same boat as you are!! I love the idea of minimalist but have to dress for work every day. I am not sure if I am a minimalist. Is there a criteria? Lol! I get compliments on my clothes every day and for whatever reason people always tell me they never see me wearing same thing twice. I don't really do much of mix and match. I don't think I am good at that. My mix and match is different skirt and usually black top. No scarfs. Only wear pants to work when it snows or when our office has Jean days. Don't really have any pants. Have one pair of casual black pants and few pairs of summer crop pants. I say 85% I wear dresses to work. Bottom line I am trying to figure out can one be a minimalist and still have variety of outfits to wear. I guess it goes back to definining a minimalist? I am going to count my clothing items and post a more recent pic of my closet.

I am in the same boat as you are!! I love the idea of minimalist but have to dress for work every day. I am not sure if I am a minimalist. Is there a criteria? Lol! I get compliments on my clothes every day and for whatever reason people always tell me they never see me wearing same thing twice. I don't really do much of mix and match. I don't think I am good at that. My mix and match is different skirt and usually black top. No scarfs. Only wear pants to work when it snows or when our office has Jean days. Don't really have any pants. Have one pair of casual black pants and few pairs of summer crop pants. I say 85% I wear dresses to work. Bottom line I am trying to figure out can one be a minimalist and still have variety of outfits to wear. I guess it goes back to definining a minimalist? I am going to count my clothing items and post a more recent pic of my closet.
I have a minimalist wardrobe of 30 pieces including coats! 40 including shoes and boot. Mix and match is key to not getting bored. I also get complemented on my outfits and am told I never wear the same thing twice. We all have different needs though and what would work for one person would not work for another. Good luck!

Reactions: thedseer
I have a minimalist wardrobe of 30 pieces including coats! 40 including shoes and boot. Mix and match is key to not getting bored. I also get complemented on my outfits and am told I never wear the same thing twice. We all have different needs though and what would work for one person would not work for another. Good luck!

Including coats? My goodness that is amazing... I think I have over 30 coats alone and not including jackets. [emoji30] May I ask how do you deal with really cold weather? Do you differentiate coats for 20 degrees and 30 degrees? Or just layer up? I'm struggling a bit to down size on the coats because of the temperature differences. While I don't think I need to wear a different coats for 5 degrees difference, but I def do for 10 or more. [emoji29]