Show us your house

Can't leave out the fireplace..

Irishgal- I loove your house (I love old houses, they have sooo much character). We lived in a house that was built in 1923, but it was close to the city and the school system wasn't great....so we built a brand new house in the 'burbs...and the character is no where near the same!!! It's gorgeous!

This pic looks a little funny, BUT every Christmas we move our dining room table in the family room by the Christmas tree and fireplace :yes:... this was taken this past Christmas.

Everyone here that has posted have such lovely homes!!!!!

I agree that you have to be careful and not post anything that would identify your address, but inside pics should be safe!!! :tup:

Attachments

• post pic of xmas.jpg
    post pic of xmas.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 207
OOOH I love everyone's houses!

here are some pics of my apt from last summer when the pieces were new- i had just gotten the breakfront (i call it my Velveteen Rabbit Dresser because it's one of a kind and made up of all different color pieces of wood) and my leather couch. a month later i got the white piece that goes against the back wall. i think these pics are the last time my place looked that nice. lol. i also have a new coffee table- a big dark wood one from pottery barn (it's actually an outdoor table which i think is even better for inside because you can spill and it's fine) but i don't have a pic.

i don't know what my style would be classified as....

Attachments

• IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 121
Pudding I love all the color:smile: specially the walls.
HLfinn: Lovelove your style (don't ask me what it is? eclectic ?) it looks really together and cosy.

Our view at our apartment in Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Attachments

• viewinamsterdam.jpg
    viewinamsterdam.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 183
I'll post a few pics of the interior of my house... I live in the upstairs of a ca. 1880's Victorian, it's so charming! (I'd post pics of the exterior, but the whole security thing freaks me out... plus it needs a fresh paint job in a bad way!)

Shot 1 is my bed-sit room before I got my sofa... it's an old pic, but a nice view of the size and depth of the room... The chest in the center is from Cambodia, ca. 1930s. It's a hand-me-down from my great-grandparents. (Excuse the dumb@$$ expression on my face!)

Shot 2 is my itty-bitty sofa (ok, loveseat) that I got for $30 dollars at a local secondhand store. It was in near-perfect condition and perfectly matched my decor!

Shot 3 is my "indoor garden," in my sun room at the back of the house. I took this shot in May, when I had just a few plants. It's about tripled in size since then... :P

Attachments

• 158289538_521854169_0.jpeg
    158289538_521854169_0.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 160822022_530761898_0.jpeg
    160822022_530761898_0.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 79
  • 625900281109_0_ALB.jpg
    625900281109_0_ALB.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 177
I don't have a house yet, I just live with my BF in his. It's a nice, older home; it was built in the 1950s and has held up really well. This is the living room. He claims he decorated and picked out the furniture himself when he bought the place a few years back. Please excuse the Wii boxes.

Attachments

• livingroom4.jpg
    livingroom4.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 148
When my new sofa finally arrives I'll post a pic of my living room. Right now I just have a pile of cushions on the floor and a bunch of other mess so I'm sure nobody would want to see that.

Here's some pics of what I guess is my exercise room which includes a pilates machine, stripper pole, and well, guess some mess too. I admit, I can be kind of messy. Oh, well.

Attachments

• exroom1.jpg
    exroom1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 105
  • exroom2.jpg
    exroom2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 73
Vanessa: love your windows and your indoor garden:smile:
caxe: hmm interesting... he sure has good taste then:smile:
Zophie: you better clean up that mess and show some living room pictures :P

here are the kids (2 and 5) room in Amsterdam

Attachments

• Anna1.jpg
    Anna1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Anna2.jpg
    Anna2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Stevie1.jpg
    Stevie1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Stevie2.jpg
    Stevie2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 32
H&H I loooove Amsterdam! The view of your apartment from the street is just darling. :tender:My mom is going to Amsterdam next month, I'm terribly jealous.

hlfinn, I love your bookcase!

Great pics everyone!

Here is my humble abode. What can I say, I save my money for bags. My little motorbike comes in handy when I have to pick up another bag at the general store.

Scooter%20-%2002.JPG