Show me your YELLOW GOLD engagement and wedding rings

miss holly

Sep 1, 2008
So I'm a gold girl and I find it sooo hard to find beautiful yellow gold engagement rings and wedding sets. So if you have a yellow gold wedding ring, engagement ring or wedding set show me it here please !

Check out pricescope.com and look under the 'Show Me the Ring' forum. There is a sticky at the top that is titled 'Engagement Ring Eye Candy' (or something like that). You will find a ton there.

I also love yellow gold, my wedding set it yellow gold!

Most rings I have seen.. are yellow gold.. but the Diamonds are still set in white gold.. to show of the stones.

I prefer it this way.. because it still goes with both yellow and white gold.. bracelets and such.

Here ya go!

I usually wear my titanium wedding band with my e-ring...the metals don't quite match (silver-gray vs. silvery-white), but i like the color difference.

I also have a 2mm 24k band that I wear for "dress up" when I want to show off the contrast. I love the yummy deep gold of 24k, and I like how white/yellow metals look beside each other.

24k.jpg

ygplat.jpg

my wedding band is 18k gold!

this is the first piece of yellow gold ive ever owned...i normally wear white gold, but i loved the contrast between the white gold and yellow gold with the yellow sapphire!

Attachments

• picture 3.jpg
    picture 3.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,834
Here is mine...engagement ring, with one David Yurman eternity band in the first pic, and then a pic of my 4 DY bands in the second....two rose gold, two yellow gold!

attachment.php

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 2,017
Courtney, I love your ring too :drool:

Mine are not very exciting - which is just how I wanted them! My wedding band is 14K, the engagement band is 18K and the stone setting is platinum. The stone itself is a smidge over a half a carat, and used to belong to my DH's grandmother :love:

I'm a lousy photographer, but you get the idea!

Attachments

• VJR1.JPG
    VJR1.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 1,281
  • VJR2.JPG
    VJR2.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,160
yup. i did. my original e-ring (that i lost after a year and a half of being married) was yellow gold, and even though it was beautiful, i grew tired of the yellow gold not long after.

when i received my replacement check after i lost it, i bought my replacement e-ring in white gold.

but, if i didn't lose it, i was planning on getting it dipped anyway which i believe isn't very expensive. so if you desire your e-ring to be YG, then get it! you never know, you may love it forever, but even if you change your mind, you can always dip it later.

It's so hard to choose between yellow and white gold. I can never choose. I hadn't actualy even got around to thinking about the band and was all caught up in the stone!
But a lot of people say yellow diamonds are better with yellow gold so I am going to have to choose!

What type of gold do you wear normally? (Other jewelry) For instance, I mix and match metals so wear both WG and YG, however, I prefer YG as that looks better with my skin tone. I think you should go for whichever gold you wear the most with other jewelry. IMO, a yellow stone would look better with YG. BTW, I think a yellow diamond is beautiful as an engagement ring. I believe that is what Jennifer Lopez got from Marc Anthony, a canary diamond (yellow.) Harry Winston always has beautiful yellow diamond erings in their display. If you prefer WG, you can still have a yellow diamond. It looks beautiful either way.

It's so hard to choose between yellow and white gold. I can never choose. I hadn't actualy even got around to thinking about the band and was all caught up in the stone!
But a lot of people say yellow diamonds are better with yellow gold so I am going to have to choose!

well, since you have mentioned you specifically want to buy an antique, just go with what pleases you with that particular ring/setting. since it's not something you have in mind specifically, maybe just going around to different estate/antique shops you'll know once you see the right one, kwim?

either way, good luck with your search and be sure to post pics when you find it.