Show me your transfer (showcase only)

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all-

This may sound strange, but I would like to see all your bags that have transfer. Please no comments, just the picture of your bag with the transfer clearly shown and the name/style/color of your bag.

If you could describe how the transfer got there, i.e. after one day or after significant use.

I know we will have a lot of light colored leather, but I am curious which other bags people have had transfer issues with.

Thanks...

2. I got my bag on March 18th and I used it for 7 days:
    [​IMG]

there are teenie little light blue dots all over the back and some on the other corner but this one is the worst, I was able to fade them a bit by using a clean white towel and water - I know what jeans did it (they were washed atleast 30 times by now but I can still get transfer off of them if I rub it with a cloth so I have no case to take my bag back) *sigh*

This is my only bag with transfer - even my hamptons patchwork from '07 didn't have problems with any of the dark denim jeans I wore.

3. I have the tattersall tote and I had transfer from denim on my bag. I used Woolite mixed with cold water. I balled up a paper towel and dipped it in the detergent mixture and gently wiped the bag in a circular motion. Then I dried it by wiping with a clean dry paper towel. I also had transfer on the pink leather corners. I did the same technique (extra gentle and smaller amount of detergent mixture) and allowed it to air dry. Now, no more transfer! Ahh, the wonders of coated canvas! I knew there was a reason why I bought this for my all-around summer bag! Low maintenance!:tup:

4. sorry to say, didn't work - you probably got the dye off when it was new, mine has been sitting for a few days - I tried wiping it off with water and a nice microfiber when I first saw it.

5. I wonder if Mr. Clean Erasers would work?

6. Thanks for showing me your bag Renie. I have this bag but haven't used it yet.

7. I haven't had any problem with transfer on any of my bags.

8. Yes, but you have to be careful... Sometimes it can lift colors. I bet it would work on coated canvas though.

9. Try alcohol free baby wipes.

10. I have the heritage stripe tatersall and had transfers on the back (I think from my black blouse) and the baby wipes didn't do the trick for me:sad:
    Although the baby wipes do wonders on my sig fabrics :tup:

11. I'm picking one up tomorrow and will share my results - I'm not as worried about the coated canvas (same thing with having a properly sealed wall at home). We'll see if this works!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice