Show me your ToyWatch, Please?

They look pretty flimsy in person. It's more of a teen watch to prep them for real watches later in life. :smile: You can also use them for running errand, but I prefer to use a more solid watch. Last thing you need is a plastic like watch flying off your wrist while you pick up your dry cleaning.

I personally wouldn't buy one. They feel cheap (not just because they're light) and look way too young. They remind me of the Baby G watch craze. I thought it looked cheap on Oprah when she was wearing it. I wouldn't pay $175 for one.

Wow again. It's funny, I thought this thread was for people who liked ToyWatch? I guess I forgot to read the line that said "What's your opinion?". Little cutting remarks about people's taste also shows poor taste, of course IMHO. :rolleyes:

^ Actually, the first post of this thread said:

"So, show off your ToyWatch here and please, give me a review of how much you like, love, or hate it, and WHY. TIA!!"

To me, that's specifically asking for opinions, which is why people are giving their honest ones.

Swatch has been making plastic watches for a while now, but I must say the ToyWatch line has a distinctly different aesthetic. I can see why some find them attractive; they would also make nice gifts which are functional, funky and priced reasonably.

But I like more classic watch designs myself...but I can think of some close friends who would love ToyWatches.

Diana

I bought the white diamond bezel/diamond face chronograph plastic/ceramic watch. Bought from Hautelook for 1/2 price. I thought they looked cute/funky. While I liked the look I lost a crystal on the bezel, within a month. Of course the stones weren't covered under warrenty. ToyWatch wanted $38. to replace the crystal...plus shipping back and forth. I think it came to almost $60. to replace. Outrageous for glass. I took it to a local jeweler who replaced the stone for $8. Kind of turned me off! But they are cute.

I actually don't quite mind them... affordable yet fashionable.. I don't have to worry abt maintaining them! I can drop it/bump it/scratch it without shedding a tear.. like my J12 that I broke.... :sad: I love that it's alot lighter than ceramic watches too!!

I have a white and a purple chrono plasteramic, here's a quick pic of my white one I'm wearing now:
watch.jpg

I get heaps of compliments about it, ppl keep asking if it's ceramic!
The jelly/rubber ones that they have do look cheapo but.. each to their own I guess!!!

Durability.. I bought the purple one in July last year.. and the white in November.. I wear them alot, as i think my rolex is too flashy for where I work and there are no visible scratches on it so far! The white's as bright as the day I bought it!

At the end of the day.. they're not meant to be "real" watches, as someone aptly called them... they're just meant to be fun... I guess that's why they named it.. "ToyWatch" ! ;)