Show me your ToyWatch, Please?

beth001

Purse Slut
O.G.
Dec 14, 2006
Just what I needed... a NEW OBSESSION! It is ToyWatch, thank you very much Oprah. I've been all over the website, but I can't decide which one I would love the most. I'm wary of the acrylic bracelets. My 14-yo daughter wears Casio BabyG's and their clear plastic straps get filthy and turn color fairly quickly. Then they look purely awful and disgusting. Wouldn't want that to happen!

So, show off your ToyWatch here and please, give me a review of how much you like, love, or hate it, and WHY. TIA!!

Nobody has a ToyWatch? That can't be -- it was just on Oprah's list of her Favorite Things for 2007! Maybe you're all just out SHOPPING madly! Post when you get back from the mall.;)

The closest I have is an Invicta Anatomic chronograph. Actually, Oprah was hawking that watch a while back because I saw it on toywatchusa.com. Just figured I was happier with my Anatomic (which is Swiss made, same kind of look);)

After I saw it on Oprah I looked up what stores carry them, went to my mall, and all the stores said they only carry them online (or at least didn't have them at my store). I was so bummed! Definitely wanted to see them in person.

if you type in toywatch in the search this forum box, there are about 5 threads that talk about the watches. Also, some of them show pictures of the watches that tpf members have bought.

I am with you. I have seen them and think they are adorable but haven't bought one yet. When I was in Nordstroms they showed me an IKE watch. These are a little nicer thank the Toys but a bit more expensive...

I bought one for my cousin from Adasa.com. :yes: It was really cute! It was the one with the pink pearl dial. I love the size, it's just about the same size as my 38mm J12. It's an extremely light weight watch.

when i first saw them, i really wanted one! but i went to check it out IRL at the store, and I thought they felt kinda cheap. i passed on it... it felt like something i could get for a lot less at the dollar store.

^^ I agree. When I saw them on Oprah's favorite things, they looked so cute! I called around and finally found a place that carried them but when I saw it I was disappointed. I thought it looked and felt cheap (granted they are acrylic). A mother and her pre-teen daughter walked up to the counter- both were wearing ToyWatches and it looked a little too young on the mom, but fine on the daughter. I'm in my early 20's but didn't think it suited me. I did like the skull face on one of the styles though.

^Mmm I saw that IRL. It was really nice! It is very light which I guess correlates with the feeling of it being "cheap". IMO, they're very cute, but they're certainly not timeless. It's a bit of a trend watch.