Show me your Saint Laurent YSL sunset bag!

hi all! might seem like a weird question but do you know how often ysl updates the available colors for the sunset bag? I had saved this color (attached) on my Nordstrom wishlist a while ago and it’s sold out and I’m curious if ysl will ever bring it back!

Attachments

• E065365F-8F53-4ACA-A922-27E53A461A2C.jpeg
    E065365F-8F53-4ACA-A922-27E53A461A2C.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 26
Looking into getting the sunset in black smooth leather but undecided on gold vs silver hardware! I typically gravitate more towards gold, but the aged gold hardware that YSL uses on this bag looks darker/bronze toned which gives off more vintage vibes. Imo it can look a bit too formal and dressy with the black, but I still think it looks very luxe. Silver hardware is more modern/edgy, and suitable for casual outfits but can also be dressed up. But it doesn't make as much of a statement as the black/gold which is also more classic (my SA thought the silver hardware was a little boring lol). Which do you guys prefer??? I wear a mix of gold and silver jewelry, ideally want to use this bag day and night

Looking into getting the sunset in black smooth leather but undecided on gold vs silver hardware! I typically gravitate more towards gold, but the aged gold hardware that YSL uses on this bag looks darker/bronze toned which gives off more vintage vibes. Imo it can look a bit too formal and dressy with the black, but I still think it looks very luxe. Silver hardware is more modern/edgy, and suitable for casual outfits but can also be dressed up. But it doesn't make as much of a statement as the black/gold which is also more classic (my SA thought the silver hardware was a little boring lol). Which do you guys prefer??? I wear a mix of gold and silver jewelry, ideally want to use this bag day and night

I have the same dilemma right now! All my bags have gold hardware and I only wear gold jewelry.

I think that for the sunset though, I might choose silver to mix things up. I tried both versions on and I think I might find the shape of the sunset + the gold hardware a bit to formal for everyday use. The silver looked really cool and edgy.

I already have the Lou Camera bag in black with gold hardware and love it, but that bag itself looks less formal.

Hi, not sure if this is a sunset WOC or mini or are they the same thing. Does anyone know if this style comes in gold hardware? I'm looking to switch it up because i don't really use silver jewelleries.

3B1249C7-4532-44A7-BBFC-8A7EAED5EA54.jpg

OMG I am literally in the same dilemma, and I mix my jewelry as well - I don't care!
However, I was contemplating on croc leather with silver or gold hardware instead.
I believe I might choose the silver hardware since I already own a Chanel jumbo in GHW.

As for you, I think GHW works beautifully on the smooth leather.
It just looks so classy in GHW, but I am not sure if very casual/baggy attire can pull off the bag.
Good luck!

Hello, can someone comment on the smooth leather of the sunset bag? Does it scratch easily? Or is it more of a “durable” smooth leather :biggrin: I want to purchase a sunset but worried if the leather will scratch easily

I have the same dilemma right now! All my bags have gold hardware and I only wear gold jewelry.

I think that for the sunset though, I might choose silver to mix things up. I tried both versions on and I think I might find the shape of the sunset + the gold hardware a bit to formal for everyday use. The silver looked really cool and edgy.

I already have the Lou Camera bag in black with gold hardware and love it, but that bag itself looks less formal.

I think this is totally accurate. With the Sunset and its square silhouette, the gold with black just looks a bit too fancy for day (unless your day look is suits).