Show me your Plumes - An Ode!

Apologies for spamming this thread but I just want to share this:

View attachment 5694260

Because travel Plumes don't get a raincoat, I made a flimsy one from two transparent plastic bags.

I know Volynka is waterproof, but because I don't fill my bag to full capacity, it has gotten a valley (I don't know what else to call it) between the two handles. So the last time I carried it while raining, rainwater collected on the valley and formed a small puddle. The water then seeped through the zipper and slightly damaged the Swift lining. It's all okay now. The Swift lining just got a tiny bit discolored around the zipper when it dried.

So to avoid that I made a raincoat. lol

:ps:

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 10.39.08.png

Hello Plume lovers.

There's a Plume document carrier in black Evergrain available right now for 2250 EUR at Collector Square, in case anyone is interested. Someone asked if laptops can fit inside a Plume, and it's safe to say that a 16-inch MacBook Pro can fit inside this one.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 16.48.53.png

So pretty. If I were still working in an office, I would've probably gotten this as a work bag.

Hello, Fellow Plume "Adorers,"
I've found a Plume 32 bag, in pretty red Togo (??rouge garance or rouge grenat or rouge H...don't quite know and doesn't matter...I love the color!) on ebay which I love. I've watched this bag for a couple of months, now, and I think the ebay price is very reasonable (around $2500). I have condition questions for which I've tried to communicate with the (BIG!) Japanese reseller and they're not responding. One of these questions is for a photo of the blind date stamp. And, now, today, I'm seeing what I'm certain is the very same bag on Vestiaire Collective, but appears to be listed under a different Japanese reseller's name for about $4000 more than the ebay listing. ??? The photos are exactly the same for the two websites. I've also tried writing to the Vestiaire reseller and they aren't responding either....crickets... I'd welcome any/all to take a look at a couple of photos of the bag and give me any of your thoughts. If I send the listing to Bababebi I'm assuming she needs the blind stamp as part of her authentication so I haven't sent it to her (coz I don't have that blasted blind stamp photo which she needs). My questions to the resellers included whether the bag corners had been retouched/repainted? and how much tarnishing is on the handle hardware. The listing photos aren't the greatest and I've tried to enlarge them/zero in, but it's inclusive to me....making the images bigger just seems to blur them, to my eyesight. I'm not looking for the bag to be authenticated....I'm interested in what you might think about the corners/general leather condition, and hardware state. My gut sense is that the corners have been painted or have had some sort of product applied.
Thank you for any insights!
1685147731093.png
View attachment 5790563
View attachment 5790564
View attachment 5790565
View attachment 5790566
View attachment 5790567
View attachment 5790570

I think that the bag looks fine... I am not sure that Babadebi needs the "blind stamp" ... I have bought several bags in Japan and I have found the products as described... you are in the States? A product from Japan on ebay for Europe needs to add ca 30% import tax... if I remember corectly... if the product is advertised on collectors square based in Europe, it has the import tax already included for european customers... plus I found that in Asia used products are less desireable than in Europe, thats why I thought the bags where less expensive in Japan... you should try and buy in Japan otherwise you pay tax twice, right? Good luck! The plume is a great bag!

Reactions: addiCCted
I think that the bag looks fine... I am not sure that Babadebi needs the "blind stamp" ... I have bought several bags in Japan and I have found the products as described... you are in the States? A product from Japan on ebay for Europe needs to add ca 30% import tax... if I remember corectly... if the product is advertised on collectors square based in Europe, it has the import tax already included for european customers... plus I found that in Asia used products are less desireable than in Europe, thats why I thought the bags where less expensive in Japan... you should try and buy in Japan otherwise you pay tax twice, right? Good luck! The plume is a great bag!
Hi, Wilmi,
Thank you for your thoughts! I remember that you have that gorgeous rouge H box Plume. So pretty! Maybe I'll send this over to Docride, too, for her opinion on the "painted or not" corners. If you feel that Bababebi doesn't need the blind stamp, maybe I'll ask her to review.
Best,
Laurie

Thank you for kind words... I agree that that the corners in the pics do look a little shiny... it might just be the "flash" I was looking for my red plume pictures ... could not find them ... found that I did spend a lot of (fun) time here... the corners on my VN looked shiny in the pics too.. but they were not touched up...

Good luck, have fun!

IMG_4748.png

One of my favorite H bags is my mini Plume in bleu electrique. Here is a picture from last year of a planned outfit for a wedding weekend, a mini symphony in blue! That CU shawl is so marvelous with the little Plume! While it is my smallest bag save an Evie TPM, it holds plenty for any evening occasion. I use it a lot.

View attachment 5792015
Hi, frenchgirl,
Your mini Plume is so striking. Must be really fun to wear! It's just enough color to be well noticed, I'm sure! :smile:

Thank you for kind words... I agree that that the corners in the pics do look a little shiny... it might just be the "flash" I was looking for my red plume pictures ... could not find them ... found that I did spend a lot of (fun) time here... the corners on my VN looked shiny in the pics too.. but they were not touched up...

Good luck, have fun!

Hi, wilmi,
Thanks for your additional thoughts. Your photos really helped, too. It's so hard to shop these bags sight-unseen, from only photos. Maybe it is just some photo flash element. I sent my question to Docride to see if she has any thoughts about condition. Will give her time to respond and go from there.
Thank you, again!