Show me your Old Petra

Can't wait to here 24!

I thought I made up my mind about a BV and I seem to be swaying again in a different direction bag style-wise. I think I need to visit the boutique yet again.

I have a BV bag that I can finally show on this thread. It's just like Megs' beautiful tote. It's the perfect size I'm looking for. I don't know its name but it is made of Nappa Umbria, which is darker than regular Nappa. I am not going to purchase the accessories because I'd prefer them without the funky pale pink patent trim!

The accessories are also Old Petra but are made of regular Nappa while the flats are made of Old Petra goatskin. As you can see, Old Petra looks different depending on the leather/finish. The flats show a more brown tone.

The color in the first two pictures are true-to-life.
BVOPBorsaNappaUmbria.jpg

BVOPloot3.jpg

BVOPmodel.jpg

BVOPmodel2.jpg

So you bought your bag 24? Was it tough to decide?

Is your mannequin your perfect size and how the bag looks on you?

You are going to look amazing with the shoes and bag. They are just amazing eye candy and will really make a strong presence. I just think they will be perfect for the Summer.

If you have time, do share how you chose your bag and how you feel about it etc.

Congratulations!!!

Thanks, KB! It was difficult to decide because most of the bags available in this color are quite large. Ideally, I would love a Small Cabat in Old Petra Nappa Umbria but they aren't even available. This one was my next choice. I also like the Roma tote but it's much larger than what I'm looking for. This fits the bill!

I've shown my infamous mannequin on the Hermes in Action thread, and yup, it's at 5'1", my height.

I admit that when I opened the package it wasn't love at first sight. I photographed the bag and accessories before trying them on, so I learned to appreciate it a little later when I finally looked in the mirror. It looks GREAT when it's on! I guess it felt weird because I've never bought a BV bag before.

This color is so special. I love that it will be elegant for sping/summer as well as fall/winter. It looks awesome against black and I'm sure it will pair beautifully with chocolate brown, too.

GT & I discussed the "matchy-matchy" issue with the flats. I think that because the styles and colors are so quiet and elegant, it's fine to wear the flats and bag together. I like that the colors aren't perfectly matched.

How about you, have you decided on any BV bags?

Thanks, GT!!! You helped me pick this one out!

I admit that this bag didn't strike me at first but it certainly grew on me. I'm loving it more and more as I look at it. It's so nice to have something different.

Here's another pic, which I think is a little more flattering. I stuffed the bag and hanged it up so you can see how it "falls". This is going to be a very comfortable bag!

BVOPhanging.jpg

^ that's right. I'm happy to shop vicariously through you!! LOL! You picked a winner, though. You don't see this bag too often and I think it will turn a lot of heads!!

I admit that this bag didn't strike me at first but it certainly grew on me. I'm loving it more and more as I look at it. It's so nice to have something different.

OOH! I got the same one, 24... I agree, the more I look at it the more I love it. Enjoy it! :yes:

Here's another pic, which I think is a little more flattering. I stuffed the bag and hanged it up so you can see how it "falls". This is going to be a very comfortable bag!

BVOPhanging.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the old petra club. This picture is one of the best I've seen of old peta, it really captures the nuances of the colors. Hard to believe that BV isn't bringing this color back in the fall--good thing you got it now. Wear it well. I love mine.

Oh my 24...this pic right here is so perfect and so breathtaking. I have to agree with you...it is far better than the other pics. (and those were lovely)
You will use this bag all year as far as I can see. It is just a great choice and I also think it is super that you are trying something different.

Come back and give us a report as you use the bag and tell us what you really think of it all aound.

As for me, I wish I could decide on my next bag. I go to BV and think I finally figured it out and then I change my mind. LOL. I am going again and hopefully I will narrow it down and maybe you and GT can give me your opinions.

Enjoy your new goodies!

24!!!!!!! Isn't it an amazing bag?????

When I first walked into BV I was going for the Veneta, not this. I even had the Veneta on hold, but I came back and all of a sudden felt the urge to buy this beauty. It is so stunning- and fits really well. Enjoy it!!!!