Show me your Old Petra

Not mine but really lovely. Here's the anaconda bag in a brighter light. I wonder how big the snake has to be before you have a large enough piece of skin to make a bag. The clasp is also rather unique. I'm really impressed at how BV can make the height of luxury appear casual and young. This bag could look hip or impossibly elegant, depending on how you style it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bottega anaconda.jpg
    bottega anaconda.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 559
This color is phenomenal! I wish it would be a regular color.

I totally agree. I loved the Old Petra colour the minute I set my eyes on it – dare I say even more than Poudre, which is lilac pink. Am also hoping it would be retained as a regular that is available every season, this could be the classic feminine colour to complement the other classics such as blacks, browns, whites, greys etc. :yes:

Corsetted and mlbags, thanks for posting pics of the anaconda and Roma bags! I checked the price of the anaconda in the latest catalog and it's a lot less expensive than I thought it would be.

mlbags, may I ask how tall you are? The bag looks wonderful on you but it may not on me.

I totally agree. I loved the Old Petra colour the minute I set my eyes on it – dare I say even more than Poudre, which is lilac pink. Am also hoping it would be retained as a regular that is available every season, this could be the classic feminine colour to complement the other classics such as blacks, browns, whites, greys etc. :yes:

Totally agree w/ you, ms piggy. Yesterday I tried on the flats and found that it goes with almost everything in my closet.

I'm still not sure about which style but I'd prefer something that's not so round. Pictures would be awesome.

How about the Veneta - the classic BV. I have seen the Old Petra in medium Veneta with patent stitching along the sides of the bag. Real gorgeous - was so tempted but I already have my Limo Veneta. Sorry I don't have a picture of it.

Veneta is nappa (lambskin) so the Old Petra colour looks lighter/brighter - the lilac shows through more than the brown. Very sweet looking. However, it might not match perfectly with your Old Petra ballerina flats (which in goatskin the colour is darker and more brown).

Thanks, ms piggy! I did get that Med. Veneta info from GT. I'll ask about it since I am considering one. I don't mind that the Old Petras won't match perfectly; in fact, I prefer that! Ugh, I'm being sucked in bad. There's a trunk show at the SF store this coming Mon./Tues., too. Help!

^^ Are you going for the trunk show? Please report back if you do. This Old Petra thread is really sucking me in again for something in that colour. Wish the Singapore boutique carries more items in it.

Good luck in getting your dream bag. Remember to post pics!

Ms piggy, I am not sure yet. I've visited the SF store twice and enjoyed it. I'll give a short report if I happen to go. What's also driving me a little insane is the Knot clutch in a pinkish-red soft croc. :wtf: I was told that at this point it can only be SO'd in this color.

Hi Megs, I'd have to ask my parents to watch my daughter so I can drive up to SF. I'm sure they'll do it for me; it's just that I'm not sure I want to be sucked in! LOL

Ms piggy, I had a chance to play with one of the all-metal ones and it is HEAVY! I also played with the croc/metal and lizard/metal combinations. I had no idea that the metal is actually sterling silver!

24, trust me...you will get sucked in!

Once I spent over two hours in the boutique between the bags, acessories, shoes, and a little with the clothes. The SA's are wonderful and wonderful at making you feel special/comfortable.

I went in to look at one thing and found myself captured by so many other things. I even spent 1/2 hour playing with the clutches and the exact one Nicole Kidman carried a bit ago. LOL. It was really heavy and hearing the stories behind it was so interesting. The SAs are filled with knowledge.

I ended up buying a gift, but came out of the boutique interested and tempted, by much more than I wanted too. I plan on returning very soon to narrow down a purchase. LOL.

One more thing...definitely report back all the details if you go to the show.

ALWAYS try the bags on at BV...a bag that I thought was perfect for me from a picture I saw was way too large on me when I went to the boutique to try it on for size/use. It was disappointing, but it really opened my eyes.