Show Me Your Low Colored Diamonds!

EricaD

Oct 31, 2008
Ok, I am a low color fiend! I ADORE low colored diamonds, with K/L/M being my personal sweet spot. I just happen to think they are more beautiful than colorless stones - I love the warmth, the light play and the personality they have. So I thought I'd start a thread to show off low colors (K or lower)!

Here are the various rings I've owned over the past few years, which I kept trading/upgrading (I also have an antique jewelry site and could post a hundred photos, but thought I'd stick to rings which were my personal pieces). I hope others will add theirs here, and spread the low colored love :smile:

I will start with the newest - my final forever dream ring! 3.00ct Antique Asscher (rare!), GIA L, VS2, currently being set in a Leon Mege 5 stone using K colored traps and bullets (will be ready in ~2 weeks!)

IMG_2708.jpg
IMG_2682.jpg
IMG_2672.jpg
1496-5-string-a.jpg

Here's a loose 4.12ct Antique Cushion, EGL M color, next to a 2.64ct J, SI2 that used to belong to me (I excluded it because I consider J too high for this thread!)

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

Happy to help! One thing to note is that all of the above really do look like this in person. Lower colors will be yellow tinted, no doubt about it, and it has to be something you can embrace :smile:

sooo gorgeous, it seems that because of the lower colour your not blinded by the diamond itself but are able to appreciate the cut and shape of the diamond more. Am I right in thinking this?:shrugs::idea:

It's true, in a way. Low colors can be chamelion-like in that sometimes they are very white and brilliant, and other times they show wonderful depth and contrast. You may also be noticing the old cut faceting, which is very different from modern stones.

Erica I've always loved your pics! BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for posting, I think a lot of people think anything lower than a G-H is too yellow. When I saw the title I thought I could post mine in here, mine's never considered too high in color! LOL!