Show Me Your Low Colored Diamonds!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Ok, I am a low color fiend! I ADORE low colored diamonds, with K/L/M being my personal sweet spot. I just happen to think they are more beautiful than colorless stones - I love the warmth, the light play and the personality they have. So I thought I'd start a thread to show off low colors (K or lower)!

Here are the various rings I've owned over the past few years, which I kept trading/upgrading (I also have an antique jewelry site and could post a hundred photos, but thought I'd stick to rings which were my personal pieces). I hope others will add theirs here, and spread the low colored love :smile:

I will start with the newest - my final forever dream ring! 3.00ct Antique Asscher (rare!), GIA L, VS2, currently being set in a Leon Mege 5 stone using K colored traps and bullets (will be ready in ~2 weeks!)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

JessicaRabbit1 and LaBoheme like this.
  2. 3.64ct M/N colored antique cushion in a sapphire and diamond 5 stone

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JessicaRabbit1 likes this.
  3. #3 Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    2.34ct M/N Old European

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 2.06ct K Old Mine cut (my very first!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. These are just stunning! I'm partial to the warmer diamonds too, I'm finding out.

6. Holy smokes..I love them all!! The first is magnificent!

7. Here's a loose 4.12ct Antique Cushion, EGL M color, next to a 2.64ct J, SI2 that used to belong to me (I excluded it because I consider J too high for this thread!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. I could do this all day, lol, but will give others a chance!

9. Wow EricaD these are absolutely fabulous!! I love them all :love: Thank you for posting them it really helps with my decision esp the outside pics!

10. Happy to help! One thing to note is that all of the above really do look like this in person. Lower colors will be yellow tinted, no doubt about it, and it has to be something you can embrace :smile:

11. erica, love all your rings!

12. sooo gorgeous, it seems that because of the lower colour your not blinded by the diamond itself but are able to appreciate the cut and shape of the diamond more. Am I right in thinking this?:shrugs::idea:

13. It's true, in a way. Low colors can be chamelion-like in that sometimes they are very white and brilliant, and other times they show wonderful depth and contrast. You may also be noticing the old cut faceting, which is very different from modern stones.

14. [​IMG]

Holy Wow! This is crazy beautiful! What a stunning ring!

TFS!

Jen

15. Erica I've always loved your pics! BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for posting, I think a lot of people think anything lower than a G-H is too yellow. When I saw the title I thought I could post mine in here, mine's never considered too high in color! LOL!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice