Show me your DALMATIONS!

Sus

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
DALMATION -
What colors can be found?
Can it still be ordered?
Is it a heavy-weight kind of bag choice?
Is it really buffalo leather?
Pictures, pictures, pictures and information please.

I requested Dalmatien leather for my birkin in feb. @FSH, the SA told me no it hasen't been done for some years (3-5 years I think he said). =( =( If it ever gets revived I'll make a prompt order. And pop the champagne. I love the look of it.

Pics taken from this thread:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't think it can be ordered anymore; best bet would probably be the reseller route.

Various combinations include black/grey, white/grey, white/black, white/red, white/orange, white/olive, etc.

Buffalo skipper leather is extremely durable, and is the same leather used on the toile/leather combos for the garden party totes. In the black/grey combination (same color shown in the Birkin in Liberte's post), I have no issues taking it out in rainy weather--it is very hearty and thick and is a workhorse. The white background dalmation, however can be prone to yellowing as indicated in Jemznjewel's listing for the Web above.

It's hard to say since mine is in a 28cm retourne Kelly so it's not that heavy to me, but the texture of the leather reminds of thick Fjord--so I'd probably say it's close to Clemence/Fjord in weight.

What a timing Sus I was just watching Carrie on SATC (I always watch it again and again lol) and she was carrying this lovely dalmation kelly... It was fabulous. It looks like this bolide.
:drool:

luxurylife88 - which SATC episode is this???? :nuts: TIA! :biggrin:

I love the look of dalmatian leather & wld love to own one in white/grey combo.... sigh....