Show me your DALMATIONS!

Sus

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
Never Never Land
DALMATION -
What colors can be found?
Can it still be ordered?
Is it a heavy-weight kind of bag choice?
Is it really buffalo leather?
Pictures, pictures, pictures and information please.

Liberté

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
Across a pond
I requested Dalmatien leather for my birkin in feb. @FSH, the SA told me no it hasen't been done for some years (3-5 years I think he said). =( =( If it ever gets revived I'll make a prompt order. And pop the champagne. I love the look of it.

orchids

O.G.
May 30, 2006
I don't think it can be ordered anymore; best bet would probably be the reseller route.

Various combinations include black/grey, white/grey, white/black, white/red, white/orange, white/olive, etc.

Buffalo skipper leather is extremely durable, and is the same leather used on the toile/leather combos for the garden party totes. In the black/grey combination (same color shown in the Birkin in Liberte's post), I have no issues taking it out in rainy weather--it is very hearty and thick and is a workhorse. The white background dalmation, however can be prone to yellowing as indicated in Jemznjewel's listing for the Web above.

orchids

O.G.
May 30, 2006
It's hard to say since mine is in a 28cm retourne Kelly so it's not that heavy to me, but the texture of the leather reminds of thick Fjord--so I'd probably say it's close to Clemence/Fjord in weight.

wintotty

O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
I would die to have dalmation kelly in Red/white!! I asked my SA about it, and was told the same.....

bbbochap

O.G.
Dec 12, 2005
What a timing Sus I was just watching Carrie on SATC (I always watch it again and again lol) and she was carrying this lovely dalmation kelly... It was fabulous. It looks like this bolide.
:drool:
luxurylife88 - which SATC episode is this???? :nuts: TIA! :biggrin:

I love the look of dalmatian leather & wld love to own one in white/grey combo.... sigh....