Show me your curly hairstyle, please! Or of a curly style you like!

This is me 3 years ago at Graduation...

What I did was, wash my hair the day before & blow dry it as straight as it goes. Put bendy-heated rollers in and keep them in for about 30 minutes to an hour. Release them and spray each one with hairspray. (Not alot of rollers are needed btw!)

(Me on left)

834866153a1390548808b419847712l.jpg

I have curly hair too. It's dark brown and I always feel as though I look 12! A lot of people have thought my sister was my mother! It's frustrating. I'm 22! I used to have it long and at an even length. My ends were really thin and damaged so I went to the salon to make a change! The lady cutting my hair cut layers all over the place. She also used these awesome products: Goldwell KeraSilk & KMS California HairPlay Molding Paste. They help me control my hair but keep it a little wild. My hair still curls but is nice and soft. I can pull my hair in any direction I want. Before I would style it with a lot of mousse and hair spray. My hair would be flat, hard and always looks wet. I wouldn't flip my hair in any direction because it was basically plastered down. I love the change. Here is a picture of my hair the day I came back from the salon. Excuse my face, I look like cr*p!

HairPics004Resized.jpg

It took me for-freaking-ever to accept my naturally curly hair... Now, I can't imagine wearing it any other way! Here's a pic that my dad took of me this past summer (that's my Ferragamo purse strap in the background! LOL) Please ignore my white-trash roots and awful ruddy complexion. It was in the high-90s that day and I had to hike from the eL station to my dad's hotel...:blush:

8absnkp.jpg

I have naturally curly hair as well...i've never liked it until recently! It's kind of fun to be able to wear it curly or straight whenever i want. When i wear it curly i use a diffuser and use Curls Rock by TIGI spray gel and some volumizing hairspray and voila! Here is what it looks like...
l_18f3270524fcb84da46ad6e05c05cb43.jpg

One question about curly hair. My daughter has curls and I used to get layers but since going to a new stylist was told its better not to have layers. Her hair was poofing out like crazy in the back where the layer was. What is better, layers or no layers?

One question about curly hair. My daughter has curls and I used to get layers but since going to a new stylist was told its better not to have layers. Her hair was poofing out like crazy in the back where the layer was. What is better, layers or no layers?

If your daughter has really, really curly hair it's not a good idea to get short layers...if she gets some long layers towards the length of her hair that's ok because no layers will just make the hair heavier and more of a blunt poof! Long layers will help with some of the weight and poofiness.

I posted a picture of my hair in this thread. I have curly hair and I cut it in layers. You can't go too short with curly hair. I feel you need some length to help weigh down the hair a bit. I personally don't like my hair puffy so I won't go very short.

If your daughter has really, really curly hair it's not a good idea to get short layers...if she gets some long layers towards the length of her hair that's ok because no layers will just make the hair heavier and more of a blunt poof! Long layers will help with some of the weight and poofiness.
Thanks Jenarae and Lissisays. She's been growing out the layer but just wanted some opinions. Mys hairs straight so I'm not so sure how to handle her hair. I braid it every night and thats been helping. Beautiful pics of everyone by the way!

I say long layers, too. It helps the curls to lay properly, rather than poofing out, as you say. I have long layers that grow out really nicely, and look good curly or straight. :yes:

i'm japanese w/ naturally wavy hair. weird, huh? usually asians have pin straight hair, but not me!

i recently cut my hair to my shoulders so i prefer to style my hair now but when it was long, i usually left it wavy. i couldn't be bothered to blow dry it 'cause it would take me 20 minutes. thank god i don't have to deal with that anymore!

Attachments

• IMG_4444_2.jpg
    IMG_4444_2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 78
I also have naturally curly hair. I still straighten it once in a while, but I've come to accept it :P

This is one of my favorite pics of my curly hair - because it's actually pretty well-behaved! I guess curly hair is okay sometimes...
ouidad.jpg

My hair is naturally curly and I fought the curl for many years but I have pretty much given up. I leave it curly for the most part. Here it is curly.

(me and my brother)
47b3d720b3127cce9fd09bfee0c100000076108AZMXDdw2asp

The following weekend I had a wedding and blew it out straight.

47b3d729b3127cce9fd098017db200000205108AZMXDdw2asp