Show me the Etoupe.........

attachment.php

This is LuxChic's beautiful 35cm clemence etoupe Birkin with gold h/w (on the left, obviously) to show you the difference from the usual pairing of etoupe with palladium h/w

Etoupe is like the new black. Been seeing a lot of questions about this colour lately.

Nice choice, Shopmom. :tup:

Each time I see Tricia's HAC, my heart goes weak. :drool:

Ah yes...Etoupe...I am debating myself..between this and Gris Tourterelle...

Gris Tourterelle slightly "whiter" than Etoupe...(not sure of the leather...Togo I believe...

Quinn's Mom, awhile back, I'd only thought that gris T came in Clemence (which is a leather that I don't wish to have again), and hence turned to look at Etoupe. I then satisfied my desire for a "taupe" colour in my etoupe swift Lindy.

A couple of weeks ago, I found out from looking at eBay, that gris T comes in both clemence and togo. I jumped! So I am yearning for a gris T in Togo now! I like the purer tone of grey in Gris T :heart:

Ms, Shopmom,

Etoupe flirted with you across the table on a Friday evening in Alaska. In fact, you held her and carried her around.

However, in evening light her color and the texture of her swift might have been hard to ascertain.

SM, she's a neutral, most definitely. But, there are some colors I *thought* she would work with that she doesn't....and some I didn't think she would, that she *does*

Being that you love understated.....and have an elegant heart, I feel she would compliment your wardrobe of darks and blacks.

Only thing about the color, SM, and this is important.... ** there is a slight undertone of rosebrown in the swift....ever so subtle that is not showing in these pics** that is absolutely beautiful. I seldom see it ever captured in pictures.

This is a 30cm.....

HermesBirkinEtoupetpf.jpg

HermesBirkinEtoupe4tpf.jpg

Reactions: Sferics
I think Etoupe is the perfect neutral and I was surprised at how well it worked with all my wardrobe. When I bought the Bolide it was on a whim as I had never really considered the color before seeing it IRL, but it was love at first sight. I also love the slight sheen on swift.

Like AAN said the color is a real chameleon and picks up the color and light around it. These two pics were taken with different lighting.

Attachments

• bol1.jpg
    bol1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 564
  • bol2.jpg
    bol2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 568
Reactions: Sferics
Quinn's Mom, awhile back, I'd only thought that gris T came in Clemence (which is a leather that I don't wish to have again), and hence turned to look at Etoupe. I then satisfied my desire for a "taupe" colour in my etoupe swift Lindy.

A couple of weeks ago, I found out from looking at eBay, that gris T comes in both clemence and togo. I jumped! So I am yearning for a gris T in Togo now! I like the purer tone of grey in Gris T :heart:

MrsS: I didn't know gris T came in togo, the color is lighter in togo as compared to clemence?
QM: Thanks for the tip on Gris T (togo) too!

Etoupe has really grown on me! I love it in Swift and Chevre!
But D, I have to play devil's advocate here and at least mention that this color is very similar in use and function to your gold and olive bags. True, it's much more of a cool tone but it would essentially go with the same things.
I guess I'd love to see you get a true summer bag! THEN, go back to the neutrals?

OMG......these pictures are so fantastic! Thank you all for unanimous :tup: on this decision!!! I ADORE this color in Swift and think that that's my baby and I'd take it in any hardware...not particular about that part.

Guess I'm on a quest now!

Oh, ISUS.....I was so hoping that you'd post another pic of your gorgeous bag! You were SO right! The second I saw this IRL, I was a gonner. Completely!!!

Etoupe has really grown on me! I love it in Swift and Chevre!
But D, I have to play devil's advocate here and at least mention that this color is very similar in use and function to your gold and olive bags. True, it's much more of a cool tone but it would essentially go with the same things.
I guess I'd love to see you get a true summer bag! THEN, go back to the neutrals?

Yes, it's true, GT......and if I had to choose only one I would have a very difficult time, I think. I was just going to post a question about the gold vs the Etoupe...not so much the Olive because that bag is really my "every-day-shoulder-bag". It's my one Kelly that I don't worry about or "baby", KWIM? I don't take my vintage Kelly's out as much as I do the Olive because it really is perfect for those work/office/run all the errands days and those days when the weather is wet or stormy.

So......IF I were to succumb to "color" and buy say a Blue Jean 1923 to salve my desire for a wild burst of color........is there a question about Gold vs. Etoupe? I'm thinking about either buying a 28cm HAC or a 30cm Birkin in Etoupe......I already have the Rouge H in Box, the Gold in Togo and the Black in Clemence. Would the Etoupe necessarily replace any of these?