Shout it out......saved my stained Ambrosinas!!!

Lynn12

O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
Last night I wore my champagne satin/chiffion Ambrosinas out for the first time and I was so sad this morning when I noticed that there were black stains on both heels from walking on the sidewalk downtown. :crybaby: We went to the Opera and we only walked from the restaurant to the theater and then back across the street for post-show cocktails.

I can't believe that I did this, but I decided that I would attempt to clean it myself. Low and behold..... SUCCESS!!!! :yahoo:

Here are pictures before and after. There was a slight scuff/rip on one heel and I even glued it back down. Still noticable, but definitely better than before.

Cleaning steps:
  1. Spray Shout on fabric and let it sit for ~2 minutes
  2. Use a WHITE cloth and lightly rub the stain and watch it disappear.
  3. Repeat if necessary.
  4. Wet the cloth with a little water and wipe over entire heel to make sure you don't have a Shout ring.
  5. I used Krazy Glue (has a little brush like White Out) and dabbed TINY bit of glue onto the heel where the ripped/scuffed fabric was. I gently laid the ripped satin back down and smoothed it out with tweezers.
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0395.JPG
    IMG_0395.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,127
  • IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 662
Good thinking Lynn. The results are excellent and obviously this is much cheaper than taking them to the cobbler for cleaning and repairs.
This always happens to the heels of my CLs so I will have to try this.
Beautiful outfit too!

oh wow!! amazing. the ambrosinas are one of my drool shoes but i've always been afriad of them because of the light satin color. I'm super clumsy and i have the worst luck. I always get my heels caught in grates, sidewalk gaps, etc when I expose them to the elements >_<.

so i've always been scared that if i got these, the shoes would be ruined after one wear. now that i know about this secret..i might have to keep my eyes open. ah...you're horrible hahah you have totally enabled me now!

oh wow!! amazing. the ambrosinas are one of my drool shoes but i've always been afriad of them because of the light satin color. I'm super clumsy and i have the worst luck. I always get my heels caught in grates, sidewalk gaps, etc when I expose them to the elements >_<.

so i've always been scared that if i got these, the shoes would be ruined after one wear. now that i know about this secret..i might have to keep my eyes open. ah...you're horrible hahah you have totally enabled me now!

Thanks for the sweet compliments! I was scared to try it myself, but I know that I would be more careful and have greater attention to detail than a cobbler who is busy and has lots of shoes to repair. I figured that if I really screwed it up, then the cobbler could fix it!!!

luxlover - I felt the same way about light colored satin. Also, I am very careful when I am walking to stay away from grates, gaps, etc so I was surprised to see how bad they looked after their first outing. I am going to spray them with protector to be safe for next time! I love enabling!!! GO FOR IT :tup: