Shoulder straps?

LaVisioneer

Apr 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

Do you have any recent suggestions of where to purchase shoulder straps (not crossbody!) of roughly 24” length?

Pre-covid I was able to find some but now all my go to places seem out :hrmm:

I prefer should straps that are not adjustable (I find the buckle to be uncomfortable). Something like these:
1ABF8F12-EDBD-42B5-A43C-BDA5063E45AC.jpeg
0F4CFE0B-A66B-4A49-AB92-2D73709758F5.jpeg

Does not have to be Coach. Looking for some festive shoulder straps to accessorize my bags with:love: Thanks!

I use Mautto for all of my alternative straps. So many choices, and they make nice straps.
i agree...i've also gotten straps for my LV pieces too

I agree about Mautto. And sometimes you really get lucky and find the PERFECT strap for your bag. I have a Poppy Tartan Book Tote 14367 where the removable long strap and the handles have a sort of black glitter look and texture down the middle but the original strap was too short to wear it crossbody. Mautto actually had an extra long adjustable strap in the same color and exactly the same glitter look in the center. it's a perfect match. Here's the original factory version:
14367_Book Tote-svp1_a0.jpg

I agree about Mautto. And sometimes you really get lucky and find the PERFECT strap for your bag. I have a Poppy Tartan Book Tote 14367 where the removable long strap and the handles have a sort of black glitter look and texture down the middle but the original strap was too short to wear it crossbody. Mautto actually had an extra long adjustable strap in the same color and exactly the same glitter look in the center. it's a perfect match. Here's the original factory version:
View attachment 4889532
I agree...it is amazing how sometimes you get more of a perfect match than you anticipate. Even odd colors like fuchsia, I had one or two of those for certain bags, and they were a really close match. I then got rid of those bags, but kept the straps and have been able to use it again on another fuchsia like bag. I also like the wide variety of strap widths. I like the small ones for my dinky bags, and they work perfectly.

Reactions: LaVisioneer
Have any of you ever done a custom order with Mautto? It seems I might want a custom length. Do you know if they send swatches? There’s so many brown shades of leather (what I would probably get) :eek:

I’m also wondering about novelty straps! Kind of wishing I bought some last year when there were more options. I can’t really do crossbody straps (the Coach ones are too long, even removing the clips!)

I’ve been debating turning some old belts into fun straps but I need to buy all the hardware and leather tools, so might not be worth it for just 1 or 2 belts.

I also don’t want to ruin some vintage belts from my mom if I attempt to try this (but given how small they are there is no other use I can think of).

Reactions: baghagg
Have any of you ever done a custom order with Mautto? It seems I might want a custom length. Do you know if they send swatches? There’s so many brown shades of leather (what I would probably get) :eek:

I’m also wondering about novelty straps! Kind of wishing I bought some last year when there were more options. I can’t really do crossbody straps (the Coach ones are too long, even removing the clips!)

I’ve been debating turning some old belts into fun straps but I need to buy all the hardware and leather tools, so might not be worth it for just 1 or 2 belts.

I also don’t want to ruin some vintage belts from my mom if I attempt to try this (but given how small they are there is no other use I can think of).
I haven't done a custom one, but I think they would be very helpful if you contact them with any questions you have.

I don't know if they still do, but they used to send swatches but you had to select what color(s) you wanted from a list and there was a charge for each one. If you contact them, they should be able to give you more information. I think the information was also on their website. That was a while back, so things might have changed.

I'm pretty sure they also do custom orders. It's probably good to prepare for any questions they might have by keeping the style number or full serial number handy of the bag you want to match, along with the official color name or code if you have it.

Reactions: LaVisioneer
@LaVisioneer Mautto has color samples you can order here:

Reactions: Lucyblue13