Shoulder strap slipping ~ any suggestions?

lmartinx1

♥~♥~tPF~♥~♥
Jun 23, 2007
I know I've read a thread or two on this already, but with the search function down I haven't been able to locate any at the moment. :confused1: I've got one bag in particular that has a fairly wide, single strap but it's in a glazed leather which makes it quite slippery so it keeps sliding off my shoulder. I love the bag, but if I can't get it to say on I might have to part with it. Can anyone offer me some suggestions?

Ask your shoe guy to make you an approx. 7 "x2" flat suede slipcover to place on the strap. If your strap isn't detachable, he can make one that stays in place with velcro or snap. Suede won't slip. The top piece is smooth leather, bottom is split leather (suede) A thick soft leather will make your strap cushy,too. You have seen these on luggage straps. If it matches your bag, you won't be guilty of fashion crimes. Let me know if you need pics.

^ pictures would be great. i have the same problem too. my bf held my bag for me on his shoulder one day & was like "wow. it really slips off!" apparently he thought i had a posture problem or wasn't using it right or something. :P

Ask your shoe guy to make you an approx. 7 "x2" flat suede slipcover to place on the strap. If your strap isn't detachable, he can make one that stays in place with velcro or snap. Suede won't slip. The top piece is smooth leather, bottom is split leather (suede) A thick soft leather will make your strap cushy,too. You have seen these on luggage straps. If it matches your bag, you won't be guilty of fashion crimes. Let me know if you need pics.

I love this suggestion! Thanks!

The basics
th_Shoulders004.jpg
th_Shoulders002.jpg