Shoulder Strap on Venetia?

swan1

Dec 26, 2008
A post on the bay thread referenced a Venetia w/a chain shoulder strap. (Thanks, Roro, for the post! Gorgeous bag!) Didn't know there had been any Venetias w/a shoulder strap. Have there been others? Perhaps one w/a shoulder strap that isn't completely chain? TIA!

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
nope. they were all chain straps and only with certain season of the quilted venetias. as far as i know, there has not been any soft calf venetias with a shoulder strap much less a chain or non-chain one.

swan1

Dec 26, 2008
Swan, I love that bag!
I totally agree, roro! And I love, love, love the option of a shoulder strap on a Venetia. Wish this bag were listed w/MO or other payment option. I'm not comfortable registering personal info w/Paypal. I know many folks are totally comfortable w/Paypal, but I'm very cautious. Don't even like the thought of registering w/the bay. I do keep an eye on Bonanzle, though. I'm not quite as worried about that site.

swan1

Dec 26, 2008
nope. they were all chain straps and only with certain season of the quilted venetias. as far as i know, there has not been any soft calf venetias with a shoulder strap much less a chain or non-chain one.
tad, thanks for the info! Even w/the all-chain strap, this bag is amazing. Wonder if we'll see a Venetia w/a more comfortable shoulder strap in a future season. (Even though this bag is beautiful when carried by hand, I think the lack of a shoulder strap deters many potential purchases.) In the meantime, I suppose it would be possible to use a more comfortable strap from another bag w/this one. Of course, the key would be coordinating the strap appropriately to the bag.

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
oh, yeah, i forgot about those. for some reason i never really considered them venetias because they don't have the pushlock pockets. but you're right. there have been venetias with a non-chain shoulder strap just not the classic soft calf or quilted venetias.