Shoulder strap on the Town

snoesje

Sep 16, 2007
Germany<->Italy
Girls,

got my 2010 canard town 2 days ago and now have a question about the shoulder strap. Both ends of my shoulder are folded over the hardware and wrapped around it, creating a double layer of leather. Is this normal on the town strap? What are yours like? I know that usually this typical for fake bags :amazed:.

drati

by the sea
O.G.
Oct 13, 2007
Can you post a picture please? And how long is your strap? The leather is folded over, yes, but then it's stitched on in such a way that you can't really see the two layers, if that makes sense.

snoesje

Sep 16, 2007
Germany<->Italy
Can you post a picture please? And how long is your strap? The leather is folded over, yes, but then it's stitched on in such a way that you can't really see the two layers, if that makes sense.
Thanks for your response, drati. I have no cam right now... Glad to hear that yours has two layers, too. The strap measures 102,5 cm.

drati

by the sea
O.G.
Oct 13, 2007
Thanks for your response, drati. I have no cam right now... Glad to hear that yours has two layers, too. The strap measures 102,5 cm.
That sounds about right. I no longer have my town but do remember what the strap looked like. I'll try to find a photo and will post here. I don't think the construction of the town strap is any different from that of other Balenciagas.

snoesje

Sep 16, 2007
Germany<->Italy
I will post pictures on saturday. Noticed that the RGGH on the strap is more yellowish than the HW on the bag. Anyone noticed the colour difference on 2010 RGGH bags???