shoulder strap on Maggie

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a grey Maggie that I really love but I deal with the shoulder strap issue. I don't know if she's regular or large size but the original price was 398.

I want to modify her. I don't like the way the straps fall from my shoulder and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what could be done to the straps to make them stay up???

I'm not afraid of doing a little professional surgery if something can be done to fix this problem! I love this bag and I want to use her more but I hate being annoyed by the "thud" when she slips off my shoulder onto my elbow. :shucks:

Has anyone done anything like this before??

2. Michi did some "surgery" a few months ago and i think someone recently brought it up about the zoe...ill see if i can find it and post a link, she had added a crossbody strap to her zoe =]

3. What were you thinking? For me the issue is the "drop" length I think. I'm not sure how you would change that? Maybe if there was only one strap it would stay up better but I'm not sure how you would do that?

4. Maybe if you did something to connect the 2 straps together , so that they will stay better.

5. anything short of adding velcro to the straps is game to me!

I was thinking maybe there is something that could be added to the underside of the strap that would make it less "slippery"???

Just brainstorming here!

I love this purse but I prefer to wear her on my shoulder. I'm hoping something can help those straps!

6. I loved my Maggies when I bought them but had the same issue so I returned them
    too bad I really loved them but could deal with one of the straps falling off

7. Yes, There is something you can add to the underside of the straps, its Dr. Scholls clear adhesive heel protectors! Somewhere on the forum from long ago, someone suggested it when we were all having problems with our Carlys, which had the problem of the strap (and it was slipping even though it was a single strap) to hold better. I tried this myself and it does work! I was thrilled! I just got a Maggie and plan to do the same thing, maybe you could try it.

8. This just might work!
    I'll look for some at work today!

Thank you!!!

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/carly-strap-309713-2.html#post6723363