Should Speedy 25 be allowed to return to the motherland with me?

PerfectShoe

best of both worlds
O.G.
Aug 28, 2007
My boyfriend is taking me to Paris and Rome for a week and a half in early September. My big question is ... should I take my speedy with me? I almost never get to use it, and I love to dress up and look nice, but I've been working in a research lab all summer, so that has not been an option. I feel like I would love to carry it with me in Paris.
However, I am a little paranoid about the possible sweaty hand issue, as it will still be warm in Paris and Rome and my vachetta is relatively untouched. My boyfriend (who is a cop) has also managed to worry me that I am going to be robbed or pick pocketed in Paris (I also have an LV wallet and cles I faithfully carry). I live in Chicago so I am used to big city living and I am extremely vigilant of my surroundings since I live in an area that is very close to some of the worst neighborhoods in chicago. However, now he has me scared. I am just wondering how other people would feel about taking their speedy with them on a vacay where you will mostly be sight seeing and walking about in a big city. Last thing, I am extremely proud of my LVs as I worked very hard to buy them all and while I don't want to be robbed, I don't want to not use them after working so hard to pay for them!

Thanks for your opinions!

Absolutly! I brought my Speedy 25 to Paris last fall, and it was perfect.. I did also bring a pochette for going out to dinner..
We took the subway all the time and I felt save. Just be carefull, and keep an eye on your bag.

I think you should absolutely take your bag with you and enjoy it! I been to both Paris and Rome with my Speedys and I've never got robbed och something like that. Many people have Speedys, just keep an eye on the bag as you normally would! Have fun! Paris and Rome are my favorite cities!

My 25 is going to Paris with me in October, that's a couple of weeks after it's taken a week's vacation to Antalya in Turkey!

I'm hoping to fit in a little trip to LV in Paris while I am there but just in case I don't get to buy anything I will take a pochette for use in the evenings.

Mine is a very well travelled 25! It's my favourite LV.