Should or shouldn't treat with rain and stain repellant

Radissen

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
As many of you may know I've just got my holy grail (preloved 05 black city), a work and a bubblegum ggh day.

The question is whether or not to treat them with a rain and stain repellant. As they won't ship apple guard to Denmark I'll have to use a generic brand. I've used it previously but now I am just worried it can damage the leather on my holy grail (and other beauties).

What is your recommendation?

umimaddicted

To Bal bags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
I sure wouldn't treat them with something generic. I have read that some members have used Wilson's leather repellent though and have been happy with it so maybe you can check into it. I have used Shining Monkey on my LV's leather with amazing results and have used it on my white day bag with perfect results also. I use that bag a lot in the Spring and Summer. Maybe try what ever you decide to use on a small coin purse or something first and see if it works without changing the leather etc. You did get some lovely bags Radissen. Congrats!

Radissen

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
Well I've used a repellant from a leather shop (does that make any sense?). What I meant to says was from a shop that sells leather. And the results been good.