Should or shouldn't buy this...Help please!!!

fatcat2523

Addicted to H
O.G.
Dec 5, 2009
Both me and my mom recently saw this whole python vertical cabas with zipper at Holt...it $3680.00...my mom loves it...but we both think cabas are't that popular and it's out of trend already...what do you ladies think??? Please help...she needs to make the decision by Saturday!!!

here it's a pic of the bag (with zipper opened)

farm8.staticflickr.com/7141/6386839239_c7c6792217.jpg

Let me help you posting the picture.

6386839239_c7c6792217.jpg

I personally don't like python. Not only because I hate snake, I experienced snake skin peeling problems in the past. I haven't tried python leather in the recent decade so I don't know if the "technology" has improved or not. This indeed is a very pretty bag, but IMHO it is over priced.

I don't think it's not popular and I don't believe it's out of trend (it's pretty much a basic tote bag) -- I have a Zippered Cabas that I carry to and from work every day and I absolutely love it! If you love it (or your mom), if you have a use for it, and will get your money's worth, then I say go for it!! If it's the python you're concerned about, like the tote bag, I don't think python/exotics will ever go out of style.

I'm the type of person that doesn't pay attention to what's trendy, what's "in" or "out" -- I carry what I like or love for as long as I want with very little regard to what others think. As long as you love it (or your mom) that's really all that should matter!

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide!

I think it is a beautiful simple bag and therefor not an it bag or a bag that is 'last season'. Plus the python makes it luxurious and understated. But its still a lot of money. Good luck with your decision!

A bag that was not overly popular cannot be 'out of trend'. It's a luxurious classic but I shouldn't think an everyday chuck-around.

If you love it and you like to stand out then it's worth it but if you would rathet be 'trendy' or need to invest in a bag for everyday then perhaps it's not :biggrin:

I like the Cabas. It has a very simple, classic design, not exactly a bag I'd consider trendy like say, ombre bags or studded bags a few seasons ago. So I wouldn't worry about it ever going out of style!

A bag that was not overly popular cannot be 'out of trend'. It's a luxurious classic but I shouldn't think an everyday chuck-around.

If you love it and you like to stand out then it's worth it but if you would rathet be 'trendy' or need to invest in a bag for everyday then perhaps it's not :biggrin:

agreed. if you're too worried to be trendy with a classic bag like the cabas, then i'd advise you not to get it.

I think it's a nice bag but it is overpriced. It is a tote even in an exotic skin. I used to dislike snake/python because of the peeling issues. I think that using snake/python on a tote can cause peeling much sooner (especially on the handles in this cabas) than later because of the function of a tote.