Should my speedy look like this?

jenayb

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
With all the talk earlier today about bags being worn, etc, I decided to take my trusty damier ebene speedy 30 down from the closet and really examine it. Ok, granted this bag is from 06 and I've had it forever, should it really look like this? What would you do?

dsp1.jpg

dsp2.jpg

dsp3.jpg

What in the world did you do to it?

This isn't really the sort of response I had in mind. :shucks:

I didn't really "do" anything to it; I've had this bag for four years now, and I carried it literally every single day for quite some time. I didn't purposely damage it, and I'm surprised now that I look at it in detail that it hasn't held up as well as some of my other bags. I have an EPI speedy 30 from 1993 and a mono speedy 35 from 1995, as I love older bags. These two pieces look essentially brand new, and I've carried the heck out of them as well. So I'm at a loss as to whether it's the damier, or...?

Hmmm. I think the mono speedies may hold up longer. Depending on how much you use it four years is a while. If you want maybe LV can repair it?

So funny you would say this! I just posted a response stating that I wondered if it has anything to do with the damier! ;)

I was thinking of taking it back to LV, but I have honestly never had to have a bag repaired. Will the cost of repair perhaps warrant the acquisition of a new speedy??

:wtf: i would cry!!!

I know, I don't think I ever noticed how bad it was til just today! :sad:

What happened? Bring it to LV and they can repair it for you. They may charge you.

I'm not really sure - just normal wear and tear I guess? Idk. I know that the speedy isn't the most pricey bag LV offers, quite obviously. But it still cost a pretty penny, even back then. Should it wear like that?

I think it does have something to do with damier. However I have a damier bucket that is 10 years old and still in really good shep. I used to have a mono speedy that was 30 years old and it turned dark, but didn't do that.

So funny you would say this! I just posted a response stating that I wondered if it has anything to do with the damier! ;)

I was thinking of taking it back to LV, but I have honestly never had to have a bag repaired. Will the cost of repair perhaps warrant the acquisition of a new speedy??

If I were in your shoes I would just not buy another damier speedy. I have one too and if that happened I would perhaps choose epi or mono next time? It's ok, bags get old and think of it this way...now you have an excuse to get a new one! :yahoo:

Fashionmom, I think you are right - this might just be something with the damier. I just wonder if it's worth it to take it back to LV and explain to them that this seems a bit... Idk. Much.

Forsyte, I think you are right. Although after bringing home the artsy on Friday, I doubt dbf will let me bring home another new LV, even if my old one were on fire. :rolleyes:

I have had my mono speedy since 2004 and have used it for work for the past few years. I never had any problems like that. My friend also has a mono speedy and has had her pipping come through on it twice. LV replaced it for free. I would just take it to the store and tell them you just noticed it and see what they say. If they decide to charge you then go from there.

Fashionmom, I think you are right - this might just be something with the damier. I just wonder if it's worth it to take it back to LV and explain to them that this seems a bit... Idk. Much.

Forsyte, I think you are right. Although after bringing home the artsy on Friday, I doubt dbf will let me bring home another new LV, even if my old one were on fire. :rolleyes:

Is I werre you I would take it to Lv and atleast see what they say. You never know you could be suprised. I def. do not think it should be peel like that.