Should my speedy look like this?

Fashionmom, I think you are right - this might just be something with the damier. I just wonder if it's worth it to take it back to LV and explain to them that this seems a bit... Idk. Much.

Forsyte, I think you are right. Although after bringing home the artsy on Friday, I doubt dbf will let me bring home another new LV, even if my old one were on fire. :rolleyes:

Well, I guess if you feel at all guilty about the Artsy, you could make yourself feel more justified in the purchase of it due to the speedy damage? Congrats on the artsy!:yahoo:

The pocket of my old mono speedy peeled like that.. I did use it ALOT... but my piping never got messed up. My friends mono speedy's piping did end up having to be repaired. She brought it to LV for repair and was quoted a price if it turned out to be her "fault"... I'm not sure how much the quote was for though. She has only had her speedy for about 3-4 years at most- she did use it alot.

With all the talk earlier today about bags being worn, etc, I decided to take my trusty damier ebene speedy 30 down from the closet and really examine it. Ok, granted this bag is from 06 and I've had it forever, should it really look like this? What would you do?

dsp1.jpg

dsp2.jpg

dsp3.jpg

I think that the exterior wear could "almost" be considered normal wear for a bag that is worn everyday; especially, if you are hard on your bags. Many of us baby our bags, and switch them out a lot, so our bags don't look that way.

I don't think that the interior is normal, at all. Maybe you can have LV look at it, and see what they say about it.

So sorry about your Speedy. It just looks like wear and tear, and maybe like others have said, it's just Damier? Maybe it would be worth it, to take it down to LV and see how much it would be to repair it. Maybe it might not be worth it, but maybe it would. No harm in finding out though.

The pocket of my old mono speedy peeled like that.. I did use it ALOT... but my piping never got messed up. My friends mono speedy's piping did end up having to be repaired. She brought it to LV for repair and was quoted a price if it turned out to be her "fault"... I'm not sure how much the quote was for though. She has only had her speedy for about 3-4 years at most- she did use it alot.

Thank you for the advice. Oh, I'm sure I'll probably end up being charged, but I wonder how they determine who's at fault!? Ha!

Oh, NOOOOOO!!!!:wtf: That is so sad. How did this happen???!!! I would be so upset.

I know, right! I have no clue how it got that bad, or how I didn't really notice until now! DBF brought up the piping issue once but had nothing productive to say outside of how it looked like poopie. :rolleyes:

I think that the exterior wear could "almost" be considered normal wear for a bag that is worn everyday; especially, if you are hard on your bags. Many of us baby our bags, and switch them out a lot, so our bags don't look that way.

I don't think that the interior is normal, at all. Maybe you can have LV look at it, and see what they say about it.

Thank you for the advice. I admit, I carried this bag a LOT when I first got it, as it was one of my first LV pieces and I thought it was about the greatest thing that had ever happened to me :P

I am much more careful with my bags these days, but even this one I didn't really thrash, you know? None of my other bags have so much as a scratch, so I don't think it was me... :sad:

OMG....You should take it to LV and see what they can do for you. The piping reapir can't be more than $200...or is it?

I'm not sure. I guess the only way to find out is to take it in! If it turns out to be an expensive repair, I think I'll just buy a new one...