Should my Coussin GM stay or go?

saschabrown

Mar 3, 2013
First of all. I hope this thread is in the right place. This forum has been my go to for handbag advice for such a long time! This, however, is the first thread I've started. I have a dilemma. I own several beautiful LV bags, including the Coussin GM, which I love but don't always find it practical for my lifestyle. I am saving for a new bag...either the Damier Ebene Neverfull or Speedy 25. I know both these would get so much use. But the Coussin is a discontinued piece. Do I sell it to help fund a new purchase or will I regret it in the long run? I've been going back and forth about this for too long. I need your help. (And I know there is no selling on this forum. I'm really just looking for guidance). Please and thank you! ;)

I would sell it and get something practical that you will use. I recently sold my galliera pm after it had been discontinued and purchased a delightful pm. I'm very happy with my decision, I think I'd have more regrets if I just had left it sitting in my closet.

I would sell it and get something practical that you will use. I recently sold my galliera pm after it had been discontinued and purchased a delightful pm. I'm very happy with my decision, I think I'd have more regrets if I just had left it sitting in my closet.
You make a good point. Something I would use every day is a smarter investment. I just fear the pangs of guilt I've read so much about on here. ;) Your success story is helping to convince me though! Thank you.

BTW, I recently sold my Del. GM which is also discontinued but I never used... I just liked to look at it.:lol: I did not even use it for travel anymore, so I finally started thinking "what is the point of having this?" No regrets here.

It sounds like you should sell it - I would take it out for another spin before you do though, just to be sure. If you use it and don't enjoy it, then you know it's time to go.

Good Luck with your decision!

I love all these stories of no regrets! ;) I suppose it is silly to just hoard a bag because I might miss it. I've only worn it a few times! I don't even miss it in my own closet. I'm still nervous but I'm leaning toward a sale. ;) thanks all for the great comments!

BTW, I recently sold my Del. GM which is also discontinued but I never used... I just liked to look at it.:lol: I did not even use it for travel anymore, so I finally started thinking "what is the point of having this?" No regrets here.

That's funny. I actually like to look at my Coussin as well. I think its such an interesting shape. Can't tell you how many times I've taken it out of its dust bag to look at it and try it on only to bag it back up and put it back on the shelf!

It sounds like you should sell it - I would take it out for another spin before you do though, just to be sure. If you use it and don't enjoy it, then you know it's time to go.

Good Luck with your decision!

So I stumbled upon a thread where you mentioned you had a Saint Cloud that you loved. I was searching for info on saint clouds as I found a beauty preloved that I thought might be more functional than my Coussin. Do you still have your bag...if so, how do you feel about it now and what does it hold? I'd appreciate any feedback as there isn't much info on this bag but I think its adorable and would be great as a hands free travel bag. Thank you!