Should "Louis Vuitton" print be faint or very clear on damier?

lily42

Jun 30, 2007
Hello All,

New to LV and have a (silly?) question. Saw a Damier Speedy 30 at the store today and loved it, but saw that the "Louis Vuitton Paris" logo printed on the display bag looked "light". when I looked at a Damier wallet in the case, the logo looked more clear (and not light). Is this normal? Should the Louis Vuitton Paris logo be very clear and not light/faint at all? :confused1:

thanks for any help and advice!

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're considering two different stampings? To my knowledge, the accessories are stamped in red whereas on the speedy, it's embossed onto the tab. Or did I misunderstand your question? :confused1:

Do you mean the "Louis Vuitton Paris" printed directly on the checkerboard pattern or the heatstamp. DBF's wallet is Damier, and I have found that the words on the checkerboard pattern aren't very clear, because of the texture of the canvas.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the reponses and help! Sorry, I am referring to the actual "Louis Vuitton Paris" printed on the individual square (check). The words do not look that clear, but if that is normal, then I might be able to make a decision! The Speedy I saw was one that was made in France (yay!), and my only hesitation at the last second was that the "Louis Vuitton" words looked too faint. But if that is OK, then I might be on my way to getting it!