Should it stay or should it go.....

sweetymooth

Jun 22, 2011
I received my sale purchases this morning and I am really really not sure. They were the conker SBS (which I've been lusting after for ages online) and the Pumpkin Alexa. I am just not sure - the pumpkin one is really quite orange for my liking and the SBS is quite formal...........I have an OS Alexa coming in the Conker and dont know which one to keep........

I have booked UPS to collect them tomorrow but I need advice! Am I doing the right thing sending them back? HELP!!

Even on sale, i think those bags are quite expensive to keep if you're not too sure...
if it doesn't feel right - then it's probably not right for you...
Save the money towards something that will make your heart skip a beat! :smile:

The OS Alexa in Conker is lovely. Saw plenty of them yesterday in westfield. I have an ink blue o/s alexa myself otherwise i'll be tempted!

Personally I think both bags/colours are gorgeous (I used to have a conker SBS) but I think if your heart isn't in either purchase perhaps it would be better to return them and find something that you really love? Or is it possible to delay returning them until you see the OS Alexa in conker to decide which one to keep, if you intend to only hang on to one? Let us know what you decide! :smile:

I really think I can only justify one! I was so disappointed with the Pumpkin Alexa - I was so convinced I'd love it the minute it arrived. I just thought 'oh its so orange!'

The SBS is a beautiful bag but I have a Bays in Fuschia and I dont think I really need another bays type bag.......

Reading this post back makes me sound so spoilt - I am not honest! I have been saving up for ages and want to make the right choice!!

It's difficult as you know once you let them go it will be difficult to get again in a pristine new state.....but if you are asking the question - it's not love. If it's not love there must be a more worthy bag out there surely?

:shrugs::thinking:

I really think I can only justify one! I was so disappointed with the Pumpkin Alexa - I was so convinced I'd love it the minute it arrived. I just thought 'oh its so orange!'

The SBS is a beautiful bag but I have a Bays in Fuschia and I dont think I really need another bays type bag.......

Reading this post back makes me sound so spoilt - I am not honest! I have been saving up for ages and want to make the right choice!!

I have loads of bayswaters you can never have too many similar bags there one of my fav bags

It sounds like you definately do not like the pumpkin alexa so I would send that one back, I personally think it is too orange as well, but if you like the conker colour then maybe wait to get the alexa and then decide between the SBS and the Alexa.

If you don't love them at first sight, then I'm not sure they will grow on you. I don't think you sound spoiled at all, you're just trying to get it right, and that is never easy - I know! It's such a lot of money not to feel absolutely over the moon to have them, so go with your gut feeling and don't feel bad whatever you decide.

If you find you really do love the pumpkin Alexa, and wanted to replace it, then perhaps they would appear at the outlets later in the year?

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

It doesn't sound like you're completely sold on the pumpkin Polly so I would probably return it, I really like the conker SBS and think it works with both casual and smarter outfits, maybe wait until the get the Alexa then decide between the two when you can compare them side by side...

I think that when you're spending a significant amount of money you need to be sure. If you're questioning your purchases then I think that speaks volumes - I did exactly the same on boxing day buying a bag more or less for the sake of it, and went back to exchange it today. I'm now totally happy with my choice and feel I've done the right thing. Fingers crossed for you that you end up with something you love :heart:

I got a surprise today when I tried to return my conker OS Alexa I got in sale... My first mulberry purchase, had been building up to it for ages... Bought the Alexa yesterday and got it home... as much as I loved the colour it just didn't feel right. Anyway, got told no refunds on sale goods only exchange! Just wanted to make you aware of this (sorry if you already know this!)

I got a surprise today when I tried to return my conker OS Alexa I got in sale... My first mulberry purchase, had been building up to it for ages... Bought the Alexa yesterday and got it home... as much as I loved the colour it just didn't feel right. Anyway, got told no refunds on sale goods only exchange! Just wanted to make you aware of this (sorry if you already know this!)

Where was that at?

Depends on the shop - individual shops may have their own policy and can legally offer either a credit or exchange as opposed to refund. If you have bought over the 'phone or internet you have the right to a refund (7 day cooling off period).
:smartass:

If you don't love both, is there nothing from the new season bags that catches your eye? I just thought it might be better to return both and replace with one of the coming soon items?

I was told the same today in the Brompton Road shop, they will not accept refunds on sale items.
I wanted to buy online, but the SBS in conker was sold out so I had to go and check the stores today