Should it Stay or Should it Go?

Should it Stay or Should it Go?

• Completely Worth It, Won't Find for Less - Definitely Keep!

• Not Such a Deal, You Can Do Better - Let it Go & Get it Later for Less

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks for all the advice and input!!

I do feel a little better about keeping it after hearing what some of you had to say about it -- I thought it was beautiful and frankly, I was surprised to find it there myself, and I figured that if I'm ever going to get something from BV it might as well be something that's beautiful AND a good price!! But after I got home & started to think about it, I was second guessing whether or not it was such a "fantastic" find -- I thought maybe I'd start to hear things like, "I found that same piece at the Rack for $200" or "I got mine on sale for less than that" -- but after hearing what most of you have to say, it sounds like this really WAS a good "find" and chances are I'm not going to find it for any less anywhere else.

Here are a few more pics I took in the daylight -- I do think it's gorgeous. And yes, it is actual python (or snakeskin) -- I've seen python embossed leather and it doesn't look like this. You can just tell by the scales that it's really python. I think the colors are amazing too. There's one small spot where the leather is a little "irregular" (which is probably why it was sent to TJMaxx!) - you can see it in the 2nd pic in the upper right hand corner. The leather is cut a little uneven, but other than that, it's flawless!! It also came with the sleeper, care cards and inspection tag too!

attachment.php

Attachments

• BV finds 009.JPG
    BV finds 009.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 174
  • BV finds 010.JPG
    BV finds 010.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 67
  • BV finds 014.JPG
    BV finds 014.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 64
and here's the other BV SLG I picked up -- I love the color and the leather is so soft. I also love that it's lined with leather rather than nylon or canvas. It didn't come with a sleeper, but it came with the original box, care cards and inspection tag. As you can see, I already filled it up and put it in my bag!!:lol:

I do have one question about this -- the leather is so soft and feels untreated. is it OK to use a leather conditioner (i.e., Cadillac Leather Care) on it in order to keep it clean? Or do you recommend some other type of product?

Attachments

• BV finds 002.JPG
    BV finds 002.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 66
  • BV finds 003.JPG
    BV finds 003.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 59
And yes, it is actual python (or snakeskin) -- I've seen python embossed leather and it doesn't look like this. You can just tell by the scales that it's really python.

To clarify my earlier post, I have no doubt that it's actual snakeskin. BV does exotic skins very well and (to my knowledge) do not used embossed leathers in lieu of the real thing. I have a BV snakeskin clutch myself. What I meant was that it's not python, but rather it is ayers, per the description of the item on the BV website. Ayers and python are both snakes, but they're not one and the same.

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-v...ml#post9573369
(this is the leather guide by our dear BV moderator, who also helpfully included photos of the snakes!)

Glad you decided to keep it. Enjoy!

I do have one question about this -- the leather is so soft and feels untreated. is it OK to use a leather conditioner (i.e., Cadillac Leather Care) on it in order to keep it clean? Or do you recommend some other type of product?

Gorgeous--I like that style of wallet, and now I'm hoping to find one at my nearby TJMaxx!

Have a look at the FAQs section in the Reference area. You'll find a lot of opinions on this, I think, with lots of products mentioned. My BV SAs have told me various things about the nappa leather and care. On one hand, they suggest that no treatments should be used on the nappa. On the other hand, I've also heard them say that Meltonian brand products are okay. I've also read somewhere here that silicone-free and/or wax-free products are best.

I love it and think you should keep it!
I can't really tell from the pic if the little irregularity is a bit wide, but if it is I would try to trim it ever so slightly with very sharp scissors. That's just me! :biggrin:

I'm so excited! I have the same colored wallet in the continental style and love it!!! I never used anything on it. I just use it daily and it feels soft as butta! What I really love the most is the color. I wish it were so easy to find my keys in my bag as it is my wallet! Enjoy your purchases. They are lovely!

This is a definite keeper! So excited for you.

Ayers is also called Karung and it a water snake from all over SE Asia. It is quite a beautiful reptile. You can see a picture here: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-...-veneta-leather-guide-418845.html#post9573369

Which TJMaxx in Chicago has a runway department? I visit home every year and will have to take a look. We do not have any TJs with a runway department in Seattle.

I5 it ayers don't use any conditioner on it
I would either look in the leather guide here
or call a BV boutique and ask them how to care for it.
I would try to call one of the less busy stores that will have time to speak with you on the phone.

Oh, I love the makeup bag. I have one in a metallic color and I use it as an evening clutch, but also as my everyday makup bag and it looks new! I also have that same wallet in a different color and love it, too. Great finds...I am gonna have to find a TJ Maxx with a runway dept!!!!

I would send it back and wait for something you really like more and maybe at a better price, like on eBay. It's pretty, don't get me wrong but you seem so unsure that I would return it if I were you.

This is a definite keeper! So excited for you.

Ayers is also called Karung and it a water snake from all over SE Asia. It is quite a beautiful reptile. You can see a picture here: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-...-veneta-leather-guide-418845.html#post9573369

Which TJMaxx in Chicago has a runway department? I visit home every year and will have to take a look. We do not have any TJs with a runway department in Seattle.

Thanks for the info Jburgh! I remember when you all got those Ltd Ed clutches. I thought they were gorgeous and so special!! So is ALL of the leather made from snake, or is it just the part that looks like python? Is the other leather (the black & metallic parts) Napa leather (or whatever other type of leather BV uses)?

I bought these things at the TJMaxx in Countryside -- it's a Runway store, and while they don't always have a lot of top designer bags, I was surprised at the selection this week (they had two YSL Roady's, a Givenchy Pandora, an u/k Fendi and a Nautical Prada). They do have a lot of designer clothing
. The store on State Street is also a Runway store, but they never seem to have much of a selection

I5 it ayers don't use any conditioner on it
I would either look in the leather guide here
or call a BV boutique and ask them how to care for it.
I would try to call one of the less busy stores that will have time to speak with you on the phone.

I was referring to the wallet I bought and not the case -- I agree that I probably wouldn't use anything on the case since it's snakeskin. But the wallet is such a light color and it's going to be handled more often than my bags, so I was just wondering if there was something I could use on it to keep it clean. I normally use Cadillac Leather Care on my bags and wonder if it would be OK to use on this BV wallet?