should I ????

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
ok so my SA wonderful as he always is has actually offered me a constance. i usually admire the C. when i see it on other women especially in europe where i love Hs simplicity. and they seem so very chic and ladylike, but at the same time charming easy..... point is that i never went for the constance before because the bag well.... was so H is just had the element of Hermes as a logo .... the kelly and birkin did not and when i began buying my own H Bs and Ks were very much under the radar. i love the kellys strap option and the birkins almost overnight bag look .... but with time i seem to feel that the constance has become more easy less flashy and much more my current look i mean i love my birkins and since i dont wear them as trophys i really dont mind .... but i just never went for the constance and now cant make up my mind... i should say that the bag is etoupe i have etoupe in a birkin so.... i would have two bags in the same color i usually do not like this but from a 40cm to a small constance..... well you now know, its so very different, what do you think ??? what should i do ??? hold ends monday !!!! best and thankyou .Birkel.

I would say go for it if u foresee urself using it, i like the versatility of etoupe and dont mind h bags in same color as long as i adore the color. I find constance is much harder to come by these days (at least in where i live) i requested constance prior my b and k and that i now have both (fortunate to have a great SA since last August) but the constance is nowhere near in sight at all..... So if u like the style of the constance (which i agree is very classy in its own way) then go for it!!! =) happy shopping!

ITA with the poster above: Constances are hard to come by these days and to get it if you'll get enough use from it. I don't like logos myself: I like Chanel reissues but not the classic flaps because of the CC logo. However, the H on the Constance seems less like a logo than part of the design, and in etoupe PHW is fairly subtle. Constances are v classy and I think you'll get a lot of use from an etoupe one.

I agree with the previous posts. Go for it! Constances are becoming rarer. I inquired about obtaining a Constance at my local H and was told they were rare and pretty much via SO at my local H. It is such a different style from a B it may not matter as much that they are the same color.

On another note, if the gorgeous woman pictured in your avatars are pictures of you, I think the constance would look stunning on you. :smile:

^she said it's etoupe and she already has an etoupe birkin.

Birkel, I wouldn't worry too much about the H showing in the front, the Constance is much more under the radar these days than a Kelly or a Birkin. I would get it if I were you, I'm pretty sure you can rock it well!

I have 3 Constance's, a vermillion and black in 23 cms and an etoupe élan. I love my Constance's but I haven't used the etoupe one yet. Must get it out of the box and use it!

I guess, you have to do what your heart tells you to do.

I think perhaps it may help to put aside the rarity factor and consider if you use that style of bag? If you don't already use smaller bags on the shoulder then would you start doing so just because it's the H Constance? I totally underatnd what you mean about trophy bags! Etoupe is a beautiful neutral and as you say too different from the 40B to even compare directly so the only thing would be if you would use her?
Good luck :biggrin:

i love the constance.i admire the skill and craftmanship that goes into making one..whenever i use mine, i find myself admiring the lines, structure, stitching of the bag..the H logo never bothered me..the way i carry it, it is always covered by my arm or hand anyway..one can use the constance and be a lot less flashier than someone carrying a shiny bright pink croc bag for instance..

so i would definitely get the etoupe C since i also love the white stitching!

i love the constance.i admire the skill and craftmanship that goes into making one..whenever i use mine, i find myself admiring the lines, structure, stitching of the bag..the H logo never bothered me..the way i carry it, it is always covered by my arm or hand anyway..one can use the constance and be a lot less flashier than someone carrying a shiny bright pink croc bag for instance..

so i would definitely get the etoupe C since i also love the white stitching!

The very same as me when i use my PG, you just can't help yourself.

I wouldn't say no to it just because you have the same colour in a Birkin. It's a pretty versatile colour, and as you pointed out yourself, the size and style differences are substantial.

As for the bag itself, I think it's beautiful and chic, and I would love to have one in my collection some day. If you can see yourself using it, I would take the plunge, logo be damned. A Constance is far less recognizable than a Birkin or Kelly these days anyway.

Good luck with your decision!

Hi Birkel! What a lovely dilemma to have! I adore the constance and find etoupe to be gorgeous and versatile. I don"t think it is in any way repetitive with your birkin as this is a small feminine bag and your b is a large tote. Completely different uses in your wardrobe. That being said, how do you feel you would manage with a small bag? Would you be able to fit what you plan to carry it would it be too limiting? I also do not believe in getting a bag just because it is rare or difficult to find... You must ask yourself if you have a passion for the bag. If you are trying to convince yourself, it may not be the one for you and that too is ok. I think it would be a stunning addition to what you have , but only if you will use it. Good luck deciding!