Should I??

Aug 17, 2010
Ladies, ever since I got my black caviar jumbo with ghw last year, I am absolutely in love with Chanel. With news of a rumored increase, I am finding myself thinking about getting another bag.
My question is: I have the opportunity to get a black caviar maxi with shw, single flap, brand new at the old price of $3700. Should I go ahead and take the plunge? I have two young daughters whom I would love to give these to later on. Would these bags be too similar? I am a big bag girl, the m/l has never interested me. What do u think? I really don't think I will ever be able to afford Chanel after this, the way things are going! Would love to hear from all of u! TIA!

I personally love Maxi's. I carry more than the jumbo can fit and it is a perfect flap for me. I would grab the single flap asap. The new double flaps are nice, but way heavier.
PLus the hard wear is different. if you can easily afford it, get it.

Don't get it unless you absolutely love it and would use it. Don't just let it sit in your closet. I bought so many Chanel bags that just sat in my closet. I recently sold 3 of them. Don't be pressured by the price increase.

I would pass. It's too similar to what you already have. Not worth it. Don't be pressured into buying just because of the price increase (or it fits into your price range). It's still a lot of $$$! You have to absolutely love it & will use it. Maybe try to find one in another color/style?

I would get it! Just make sure to take good care of it and I bet someday your daughters will really love them. If you have 2 bags that are very different, your daughters may both like one over the other and be sad if they don't get the one they want. If your bags are similar, there is less chance of this happening.

If you buy it and decide later not to keep it, with all the crazy price increases I'm sure you will be able to sell it and get your $3700 back if not more.

I would pass. It's too similar to what you already have. Not worth it. Don't be pressured into buying just because of the price increase (or it fits into your price range). It's still a lot of $$$! You have to absolutely love it & will use it. Maybe try to find one in another color/style?

I agree. As for your daughters, I thought mine would probably love to have the pleasure of shopping for her own. I am not sharing! LOL!

I would get it! Just make sure to take good care of it and I bet someday your daughters will really love them. If you have 2 bags that are very different, your daughters may both like one over the other and be sad if they don't get the one they want. If your bags are similar, there is less chance of this happening.

If you buy it and decide later not to keep it, with all the crazy price increases I'm sure you will be able to sell it and get your $3700 back if not more.

Good points! I totally agree. You probably don't want to see your girls fighting over bags. The single flap maxi holds high resell value, so at the bottom line, you will definitely get your $3,700 back.