Should I wash my Kipling coated purse?

babibarbie

Sep 13, 2015
Hi all!

I got my kipling claudine purse from poshmark but it is white and has few marks on the nylon! It has a coated, plastic nylon feeling! I have few kiplings, including my 9 years old has a kipling backpack she uses daily to school and I just thrown them in the wash machine and always worked like a charm! But this kipling feels different and Im affraid to wash it and start to peeling! I tried wipe off but the stains looks old and very deep! Wipes and clothes wash wont clean it! Any advice? Thank you

I wish I could help you, I only own one Kipling nylon tote and I don't think there is any coating on it. Have you tried contacting the company with your question or perhaps they have a FAQ on their website that tells how to care for their various products?
Good luck!

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
with other coated canvas products (like LV) you can use non-alcoholic baby wipes. maybe try those? kipling is known for its easy-care and washable products so it's likely to come clean somehow. maybe call them, too.

I wish I could help you, I only own one Kipling nylon tote and I don't think there is any coating on it. Have you tried contacting the company with your question or perhaps they have a FAQ on their website that tells how to care for their various products?
Good luck!

Thank you so much for your reply! I have checked their website and tried what they suggested but stain didnt come off :sad:

with other coated canvas products (like LV) you can use non-alcoholic baby wipes. maybe try those? kipling is known for its easy-care and washable products so it's likely to come clean somehow. maybe call them, too.

I did try baby wipes but the stain looks so deep! I want to put it in the wash machine but because is coated and has some leather accents Im affraid about ruin it :sad: I also sprayed some OXY on the stains but didnt work :sad:

is it on the inside? is it smudged pen marks? you could try on a q-tip some rubbing alcohol in a very small area to see if that lifts it. alcohol-based products do lift stubborn stains but you have to be careful to just try a small spot. i'd only try on the inside though and not outside. and yeah, the washing machine sounds like a bad idea, it could ruin the bag itself. keep us updated.

is it on the inside? is it smudged pen marks? you could try on a q-tip some rubbing alcohol in a very small area to see if that lifts it. alcohol-based products do lift stubborn stains but you have to be careful to just try a small spot. i'd only try on the inside though and not outside. and yeah, the washing machine sounds like a bad idea, it could ruin the bag itself. keep us updated.

Thank you! I will try the alcohol! Inside is covered with another kipling lining and is all clean! So i cant clean from inside, stains are basically on outside! Not sure what is, looks like a pen or marker, who knows! The seller didn't state how bad was... its ashame, verg cute and versatile summer purse

If your seller didn't disclose those stains I'd just return it. Not too sure those will come out and I'd hate for you to get "stuck" with an unusable bag......:sad:.

Reactions: DZK
If your seller didn't disclose those stains I'd just return it. Not too sure those will come out and I'd hate for you to get "stuck" with an unusable bag......:sad:.

The thing is I accepted this already and now I cant return! Besides i got a good deal ($30, retails from $100's) I thought i was able to clean or even thrown it in the wash machine as I always do with my regulat nylon kiplings but I was wrong :sad: I wore it for only 5 days very gently (leaving it inside the car almost all the times) and looks like it is getting worst with the stains! Looks like the coated is very sensitive, Im affraid to rub with alcohol! I guess I will hve to live with it like this