Should I wait or should I take the plunge?

Lala, it was your beautiful fjord bois de rose that made me fall into this deep hole even further... I already liked the color to begin with but once I saw your pics I fell HARD for it....

Lol! Still, I wouldn't pay twice the retail price for a BdR because it's not old enough to be rested quite yet and some stores are still waiting for their BdR rack orders to come in.

I was lucky in that I never had to buy anything to get my first birkin. Well, I did get an alligator CDC in that store, but from someone different and that was a few weeks before I was offered my birkin.

All my subsequent purchases were things that I love from H. I am also thinking of getting some of H's shoes... but after my last visit to pick up a lizard KDT, I almost convinced myself I'd never want to step into the store again... the same SA who sold me my shoulder birkin was so moody it really felt like he did not want to serve me (can't explain his attitude... very curt and clinical, no smile, hardly looked at me - felt like either I was not worthy of his time or he really did not want to be there).

In a way I felt that this bois de rose was going to be my last purchase from H in a long while. Not because I can't afford to buy more, but because I get so frustrated with the service that I can't enjoy myself whilst I am shopping in there. That's why I thought I may have to just go the reseller route, get my bdr B30 and forget about H for a while. I do love their things, I'd love another yellow/orange lindy and some shoes... I totally would not mind getting some silks, hats and stuff for my home but I need an SA who is willing to talk to me and explain their products so I can make good choices. I am even thinking of eventually getting some exotic bags. But all this is not going to be possible given the current service I am getting. Sigh...

I am hoping the SM will be able to help me. If I do succumb to this reseller route, this will be my last bag from H in a long long while.

I have a 35 BDR in Clemence and Love it. So I understand how much you want it.
I have thinking about the reseller price issue a lot and I got to this at the end: between one birkin and the other most of the people spend even more than 10000$ most of the time for things they buy to please their SA.
So they get the chance to make orders and get a special relationship with H, actually a birkin cost them about or more the reseller price.

Very true. I love each and every thing I´ve bought from H, and wouldn´t trade any of it for a Birkin. If I didn´t already have Birkins I might feel differently, and buy directly from a reseller, even at a ridiculous price. Food for thought.

If all I wanted/cared about was getting a Birkin I would have been much better off buying from a re-seller, price wise. Lyckily, I love other things H too, not just the bags.

Yes, from what you say, your purchases are more than enough to warrant a good relationship with an SA. Did you purchase these items with a single SA, or multiples? Best to stick with just one.

Well, I have the Lotus ring. Now, I am eyeing your pave double frivole ring. :P

I am guilty of not getting everything from the one SA but different people come up and serve me, or at times, I can only get whoever is idly standing there. Of the few SAs, I really only liked one lady, unfortunately I never see her in the store anymore. I really don't want to stick to the 2 moody ones who always seems to be there (after speaking to some other people, it became apparent to me that they behave like that to others too), on the other hand I don't know who else to approach. Sigh, I'll see how things go with the SM, hopefully my luck with H will change for the better.

So you have decided not to go for the cosmos ring anymore or still undecided between the two?

Lol! Still, I wouldn't pay twice the retail price for a BdR because it's not old enough to be rested quite yet and some stores are still waiting for their BdR rack orders to come in.

Really? Sorry if this question sounds dumb (not sure what rack orders mean) but does that mean boutiques are still receiving them even though the color is last season? The SM did not sound hopeful - does it mean our store won't get them unless the SM ordered some more?

Rack orders are based on the "quota" that H allows each store to order/request out of a preset offering of bags (kind of like standardized inventory stock), in only certain colors, leathers or styles as determined by corporate. Stores with higher revenue are allocated a greater number of orders than other stores. After orders are placed, H does a little readjusting and allocates what corporate believes is more appropriate for that store's client base. For example, in past years, corporate would allocate a certain number of black birkins per store. A smaller store may receive four black birkins whereas NY and Beverly Hills may be allocated ten.

When I was looking at colors, I was torn between BdR and sanguine. Depending on the leather, they both can look very similar, with sanguine having a more orangey fleshy undertone and BdR having a fleshy, but more rosy undertone. Kind of like choosing foundation makeup based on skin type!

Having combed through the bag book at least a dozen times, I know both sanguine and BdR are offered in SS 2012.

And yes, stores are still receiving their rack orders from summer.

When I was looking at colors, I was torn between BdR and sanguine. Depending on the leather, they both can look very similar, with sanguine having a more orangey fleshy undertone and BdR having a fleshy, but more rosy undertone. Kind of like choosing foundation makeup based on skin type!

Having combed through the bag book at least a dozen times, I know both sanguine and BdR are offered in SS 2012.

And yes, stores are still receiving their rack orders from summer.

:nuts: My heart skipped a beat. Thanks for that lala! So am I right to assume our SM will most likely be able to order a B30 for me once she comes back from Paris in Feb? Or do you mean bdr will still be offered in SS2012 but in other bags only? Sorry for all the questions but you have really sent a ray of hope my way lala!

:nuts: My heart skipped a beat. Thanks for that lala! So am I right to assume our SM will most likely be able to order a B30 for me once she comes back from Paris in Feb? Or do you mean bdr will still be offered in SS2012 but in other bags only? Sorry for all the questions but you have really sent a ray of hope my way lala!

I know I am not an expert, so wait for lala to answer as well-- but based on a conversation i had today with my SA locally, even if you are interested in a bag that will be in their inventory (not a SO), strongly express now that you would like one, with a SA that wants to help. Is there another location you could try? Or at least a SA that isn't the guy who blew you off? From what I understand, you should tell them before they go to Paris what you definitely want, that way while they are in Paris, they can express that at their store, they definitely want a BdR and can put it down for you.

I think the SM knows I want one, I can't say for sure whether she will remember to express that in Paris or not... I can only hope and pray that she will. There is only one store in my state and I think chances would be even slimmer for me if I called interstate stores. It is unfortunate that I haven't been able to meet a good SA yet, I hope my luck will change for the better soon....

I know I am not an expert, so wait for lala to answer as well-- but based on a conversation i had today with my SA locally, even if you are interested in a bag that will be in their inventory (not a SO), strongly express now that you would like one, with a SA that wants to help. Is there another location you could try? Or at least a SA that isn't the guy who blew you off? From what I understand, you should tell them before they go to Paris what you definitely want, that way while they are in Paris, they can express that at their store, they definitely want a BdR and can put it down for you.

I am guilty of not getting everything from the one SA but different people come up and serve me, or at times, I can only get whoever is idly standing there. Of the few SAs, I really only liked one lady, unfortunately I never see her in the store anymore. I really don't want to stick to the 2 moody ones who always seems to be there (after speaking to some other people, it became apparent to me that they behave like that to others too), on the other hand I don't know who else to approach. Sigh, I'll see how things go with the SM, hopefully my luck with H will change for the better.

So you have decided not to go for the cosmos ring anymore or still undecided between the two?

Still undecided. Love both, really. But I feel no urgency to decide since I believe there will not be a VCA price increase this January. We shall see. Good luck with your decision!