Should I wait or should I take the plunge?

I am so grateful to have asked this question here as I was falling deeper and deeper into convincing myself I should take the plunge. The mark ups are just ridiculous. I guess I am just worried about not being able to secure myself a 'wearable' pink birkin since brights aren't my thing at all.

Keep in mind that some of the buyers who have bois de rose bags will release them back in the wild as other new colors are released. Don't give up hope. I have acquired colors in the preowned resale market for a fair price (less than retail) that I missed in boutiques the first time around.

That price is too much for me. If you establish a relationship with a SA, perhaps he/she will work "harder" to get your dream birkin. Silly, but true.

Personally, I would take that money and buy an ostrich birkin, if available, or something VCA. :P

Hi thimp!

I know what you mean... unfortunately I haven't had that much luck in establishing relationships at my boutique. I have a 2 year old and when I bring her in they look so nervous and uneasy about having a child there (even though my daughter is not the type to run around crazy, maybe they've had some bad experience with someone else's child?). So the only time I ever go in is on the weekends when my husband can help me mind her outside the boutique. I try to make my visits quick but the SM (who I find to be quite nice and courteous over the phone) never works on the weekend.

I bought my lindy and a couple of alligator and lizard CDCs and KDT from the store. I would have bought more SLGs if they had them (I had to get others overseas). I got both my birkin and shoulder birkin from this boutique as well. All my bags and SLGs were purchased within the last year and a half (I am relatively new to H). I thought there would be enough frequent purchases to warrant some relationship but it's just my luck that I always get the same moody SAs (perhaps they are the only ones standing around). I love the lady who helped me get my first birkin but she doesn't seem to be around anymore... I really hope to meet a great H SA soon because I love H's products but not the service so much.

Btw (off topic), have you decided on which vca ring to get yet?

Keep in mind that some of the buyers who have bois de rose bags will release them back in the wild as other new colors are released. Don't give up hope. I have acquired colors in the preowned resale market for a fair price (less than retail) that I missed in boutiques the first time around.

Lala, it was your beautiful fjord bois de rose that made me fall into this deep hole even further... I already liked the color to begin with but once I saw your pics I fell HARD for it....

It seems like you know for sure that this is the right color for you. That's half the battle (some people can't decide which color to get). But now wait for the right price. $21K is extremely high (and it's not even an exotic). Just keep an eye out on resale websites and consignment shops for one. It might take longer, but it'll be worth it at the end.

No, it is too expensive. Have you tried negotiating with the seller? Can the price be lower?
What about Tosca? Is also a nice Pinkish Red I feel.

I know your feeling, I love bougainviller, miss the boat. But never would I paid double for the price of one. Although I am willing to pay a few thousands more only - that is about it.

I would rather give up on my beloved bougainviller. LOL.

No, it is too expensive. Have you tried negotiating with the seller? Can the price be lower?
What about Tosca? Is also a nice Pinkish Red I feel.

I know your feeling, I love bougainviller, miss the boat. But never would I paid double for the price of one. Although I am willing to pay a few thousands more only - that is about it.

I would rather give up on my beloved bougainviller. LOL.

I have seen tosca, and like most pinks from H the coloring is too strong for me. That's why I am not so sure there will be another pink coming out soon that is like the bois de rose. It seems as if bright strong colors are more popular with H. If H had more sandy earthy pinks then I'd definitely not consider going to a reseller.

I have a 35 BDR in Clemence and Love it. So I understand how much you want it.
I have thinking about the reseller price issue a lot and I got to this at the end: between one birkin and the other most of the people spend even more than 10000$ most of the time for things they buy to please their SA.
So they get the chance to make orders and get a special relationship with H, actually a birkin cost them about or more the reseller price.

I have thinking about the reseller price issue a lot and I got to this at the end: between one birkin and the other most of the people spend even more than 10000$ most of the time for things they buy to please their SA.
So they get the chance to make orders and get a special relationship with H, actually a birkin cost them about or more the reseller price.
Very true. I love each and every thing I´ve bought from H, and wouldn´t trade any of it for a Birkin. If I didn´t already have Birkins I might feel differently, and buy directly from a reseller, even at a ridiculous price. Food for thought.

If all I wanted/cared about was getting a Birkin I would have been much better off buying from a re-seller, price wise. Lyckily, I love other things H too, not just the bags.

costa said:

I totally agree...and personally I can't get over the fear of getting fakes from resellers so I rather buy different H things anyway and just enjoy them...

I am so grateful to have asked this question here as I was falling deeper and deeper into convincing myself I should take the plunge. The mark ups are just ridiculous. I guess I am just worried about not being able to secure myself a 'wearable' pink birkin since brights aren't my thing at all.

Have u seen the new Spring Summer color, Rose Jaipur?

Hi thimp!

I know what you mean... unfortunately I haven't had that much luck in establishing relationships at my boutique. I have a 2 year old and when I bring her in they look so nervous and uneasy about having a child there (even though my daughter is not the type to run around crazy, maybe they've had some bad experience with someone else's child?). So the only time I ever go in is on the weekends when my husband can help me mind her outside the boutique. I try to make my visits quick but the SM (who I find to be quite nice and courteous over the phone) never works on the weekend.

I bought my lindy and a couple of alligator and lizard CDCs and KDT from the store. I would have bought more SLGs if they had them (I had to get others overseas). I got both my birkin and shoulder birkin from this boutique as well. All my bags and SLGs were purchased within the last year and a half (I am relatively new to H). I thought there would be enough frequent purchases to warrant some relationship but it's just my luck that I always get the same moody SAs (perhaps they are the only ones standing around). I love the lady who helped me get my first birkin but she doesn't seem to be around anymore... I really hope to meet a great H SA soon because I love H's products but not the service so much.

Btw (off topic), have you decided on which vca ring to get yet?

Yes, from what you say, your purchases are more than enough to warrant a good relationship with an SA. Did you purchase these items with a single SA, or multiples? Best to stick with just one.

Well, I have the Lotus ring. Now, I am eyeing your pave double frivole ring. :P